LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I gotta redo my ceiling. I found some kind of leather for it, and 1/4 foam.
last week I tried to use some tissue glue, but it fell off cause it didn't stick enough. what kind of glue should I use?

·
Registered
179 Posts
i'm interested in what glue to use as well... i used that 3m Trim Spray Glue... it dosent stick for shit.

I'd rather go with a liquid glue that you brush on rather then that expensive ass spray glue.

Anyone?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm I'll try to find some. May be hard here in Quebec, but I'll try, thanks for the info.
By the way I was searching the forums and I saw what you did to your wife's car, and it's great lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
use contact cement , spray on both sides then let dry about 10 minutes and press both sides together, it only costs about 5 bucks a can /quart at wal-mart or any hardware store and will not let you down :biggrin:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by bumpertobumperauto@Sep 15 2005, 03:48 PM~3822306
use contact cement , spray on both sides then let dry about 10 minutes and press both sides together, it only costs about 5 bucks a can /quart at wal-mart or any hardware store and will not let you down  :biggrin:
any perticular brand?

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Sep 16 2005, 12:22 AM~3826404
Contact glue just as good as landau glue?
Landau top glue is a contact glue but it is an industrial grade. Any upholstery shop should have it. If you look at some of the back topics I believe someone posted up a link for that paticular type of glue.

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by DroDa59@Sep 15 2005, 01:39 PM~3821850
hmm I'll try to find some. May be hard here in Quebec, but I'll try, thanks for the info.
By the way I was searching the forums and I saw what you did to your wife's car, and it's great lol
Thank you. :biggrin: I did the door panels in a similar fashion. When I get done I will post some pictures of the finished interior.

·
Registered
97 Posts
make sure you look at the heat rating on the glue
landau top glue is rated for the heat that will come from the sun
many hardware store glues will not hold under high heat
remember your roof gets hot in the sun that heat goes straight to the back side of your headliner
DAP is a good brand

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by Bubba D@Sep 18 2005, 10:51 AM~3836801
make sure you look at the heat rating on the glue
landau top glue is rated for the heat that will come from the sun
many hardware store glues will not hold under high heat
remember your roof gets hot in the sun that heat goes straight to the back side of your headliner
DAP is a good brand
expecially in my black car... black inside and out, hotter then a mother-fucker in there... fry a damn egg on the damn floor mat :biggrin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EZE Spray Gun

There seem to be some sort of connection behind the gun.
I may look dumb, but do I have to plug or attach anything in? I never used a spray gun, so I don't know how it works and what I need

1 - 20 of 46 Posts