LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is chain bridge??? Some guy had it at the rear. Does it mean his back lifts higher??? Also if i'm going to be hopping alot i should get my frame reinforced???? That just means stronger frame right???? I can also make strionger my axles???? :uh:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
1). A chain bridge isn't for hopping, it's for help w/ 3 wheeling. Actually, it limits how high the rear can "lock up". However, when doing 3 wheel, it'll tip the car over by moving the pivot point out from the center, to off center to give a greater down force on the dumped side. Thats means that side gets pushed down & the other is pushed up with more force to kick the 3 wheel up more. I hope you can understand that...
2). If your gonna hop...yes, reinforcing is a must.
3). Yes, it'll make the frame sronger by adding more metal to the frame. This means theres more metal to bend if it goes to bend, counteracting the bend.
4). If you have a straight axle,( i.e. RWD). Yes, you can reinforce it also to account for the extra weight you'll have in the trunk.
Hope all this helps.....

·
Registered
807 Posts
if that doesnt help him, then i think its time he gets some big wheels and leave the car alone.
that was well said.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lemme piggy back off this one if I may...I was told that you don't have to reinforce thats only if you put your car through some serious shit. I really don't hopp much but I love to 3 wheel like a mah fuka, so I'mma git my shit reinforced regardless what anyone says because I know my ride will last. But just out of curiousity is it really that necessary? I talked to a dude the other day he has a convertible caprice that he had since 97, and he hops, 3 wheels and swears that his frame ain't bent or tweeked because he doesn't put his ride threw hell, so he don't think its necessay to reinforce. Whats yallz take on that?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by DOWNER_42069@Oct 1 2003, 07:41 PM
It depends on the ride though. I think. Older cars probably have stronger frames. and different companies of cars have different frames.
Thats true.... If your just gonna 3 wheel, I'd just reinforce the stress points.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would suggest some kind of reinforcing around the area where your upper a-arm is bolted to the frame if your going to hop just a little bit. frames will sometimes split open right there because the frame is two pieces welded together on the top. not welded very good. Sorry for the short response I had surgery today and im typing with only my left and im dominant right handed.
GeorgeSRS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts