LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of installing a 4 pump reds setup on my blazer, i'm using a 6" piece of c-channel for the rear crossmember. I'm running a coil over setup in the back with 2 1/2 ton coils. I'm somewhat lost of the whole chain bridging thing. i somewhat understand how it works, but not entirly.
where should a place my chains? how long should the chains be? how far should i limit my travel?? my cylinders are about 5-6 inchs from the inside of the framerails, but i'm lost on where the best place to bridge it is. I'm also running 8's in the front and 10's in the back. My front setup is going to be a coil over if that matters.
PLEASE HELP!!! EX-BAGGER WANTS JUICE LIKE THE BIG BOYS!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is Yetti and how do i get a hold of him???

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,640 Posts
Originally posted by Schimel750@Sep 20 2003, 11:29 AM
I'm in the midst of installing a 4 pump reds setup on my blazer, i'm using a 6" piece of c-channel for the rear crossmember. I'm running a coil over setup in the back with 2 1/2 ton coils. I'm somewhat lost of the whole chain bridging thing. i somewhat understand how it works, but not entirly.
where should a place my chains? how long should the chains be? how far should i limit my travel?? my cylinders are about 5-6 inchs from the inside of the framerails, but i'm lost on where the best place to bridge it is. I'm also running 8's in the front and 10's in the back. My front setup is going to be a coil over if that matters.
PLEASE HELP!!! EX-BAGGER WANTS JUICE LIKE THE BIG BOYS!!
6 inches will be too skiny for the right springs..... they barely fit in 7 inch.... i used 8 inch to fit it in there nice and easy......

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im running Red's 2 1/2 ton coils, and they seem to fit in there just fine to me, they sit flat but they don't move any.

Is there any certain distance apart in the middl i should space the chains? Any certain distance from the cylinders i should space the chains???

Thanks for the picture too Cadi Bob, it did help a gat deal on how i was going to put it together

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Sep 20 2003, 02:43 PM~1085145
Here is a shot of the bridge on my caddy if it helps at all:

i like how you redid your 4 link, but do you get play with it the way those hyme joints are? j/w

1 - 10 of 10 Posts