21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts

ha ive done that a time or 2 :cheesy:

·
Registered
369 Posts
if you broke something like that.. uhh homie you dont need a chainbridge.. you have a misalighnment problem.. obviously the cylinders are pushing away from the trailing arms... your cylinders need to be able to move with the suspention up top...

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker+Oct 15 2003, 08:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nissanminitrucker @ Oct 15 2003, 08:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2003, 09:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--timdog57
@Oct 10 2003, 07:46 PM
Some people need a chain bridge!!! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  ;)  ;)

You cah still fuck up stuff with a chain-bridge, and you don't NEED ONE TO 3-WHEEL. How many times do I have so say this.
exactly... the reason chainbridges where invented in the first place was because when people hop for comp... ususaly they get alot of rebound in the rear suspention and this caused you to lose rythym while hopping.... and it would fuck you all up.... you dont need one...[/b][/quote]
no... the "chain bridge" is different than just chaining the rear end. A chain bridge is designed to force a vehicle to 3 wheel using leverage. Most hoppers want the chains closer to the cylinders, whereas the chain bridge positioning is closer to the center of the axle.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:34 AM
if you broke something like that.. uhh homie you dont need a chainbridge.. you have a misalighnment problem.. obviously the cylinders are pushing away from the trailing arms... your cylinders need to be able to move with the suspention up top...
ummm.... hmmm. obviously you are clueless as to what is going on here... this happens from locking up the rear to high... it pulls on the upper trailing arms until either this happens, or the ear breaks off of the axle.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:50 AM
well it also depends onto what size cylinders he has in the rear....

Dont jump to conclusions....
It makes no matter what size cylinders he has... In order for that to have happened due to "misalignment" the cylinder would have to hang off of the back of the rear end by several inches... I would venture to say that the car had at least 12 or 14" cylinders and no chains in the rear. Which is why it ripped the trailing arm off.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 08:56 AM
unless it wasnt mounted correctly in the ear... like was to far foward.. this could happen .. i have had experience with it..
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????

unless what wasn't mounted in the ear correctly???

·
Registered
369 Posts
if they where not extended.... and then the drive shaft would have to be extended as well.. you have to calculate how much do you have to extend the entire rear geometry to get the TRAVEL that you need.. with a chain bridge all you are doing is limiting the travel..you might as well put 10s back there if you are gonna do that ... and if your coils are soft it dosnt matter anyway because you will compress them and have the same outcome.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:02 AM
if they where not extended.... and then the drive shaft would have to be extended as well.. you have to calculate how much do you have to extend the entire rear geometry to get the TRAVEL that you need.. with a chain bridge all you are doing is limiting the travel..you might as well put 10s back there if you are gonna do that ... and if your coils are soft it dosnt matter anyway because you will compress them and have the same outcome.
GIVE IT UP!!!! You have no idea what you are talking about...

First of all, you don't EXTEND a driveline, it has to be shortened the higher the rear goes up. If you don't know why, then I am not going to explain it. THOSE TRAILING ARMS ARE LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF LOCKING UP TO HIGH!!! END OF STORY.

Chain bridges are designed for one thing.... THREE WHEELING. Yes, they also stop the rear from locking up and help it lock up straight, but nevertheless, they are made to FORCE a vehicle to 3 wheel.

·
Registered
369 Posts
so you are telling me that you dont extend a driveline.... ok so how then can you stand up a vehicle and then drive it away..?? the is no way that you can get that much travel out of stock suspention.. sorry dude..

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:11 AM
so you are telling me that you dont extend a driveline.... ok so how then can you stand up a vehicle and then drive it away..?? the is no way that you can get that much travel out of stock suspention.. sorry dude..
:uh: :uh: :uh: :twak: :twak: :twak:

if I did a reverse trailing arm with REALLY short arms, it might get extended, or telescopic. But a stock suspension with minimal mods, shortened with a slip yoke.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:18 AM
that does not make sense...
to someone like you, no... but to people who know what they are talking about, then it does make sense.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:26 AM
noo... for the application .. that does not make sense... ok ,, you are the greatest.. you are god and you are the creator... anything else you want to hear???
Here... before I go to work, let me break it down for you....

as a CAR with a stock suspension, such as a Regal, Cutty, Caddy, raises in the rear, the axle moves FORWARD, pushing the driveshaft INTO the tranny. Once the drivesahft is in as far as it can go, the rear won't go up further, without causing SERIOUS damage to the tranny. Thus, if you EXTEND the driveshaft, it makes it WORSE. However, if you SHORTEN it, the rear can go further without the driveshaft binding in the tranny.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Oct 16 2003, 09:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Oct 16 2003, 09:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:26 AM
noo... for the application .. that does not make sense... ok ,, you are the greatest.. you are god and you are the creator... anything else you want to hear???

as a CAR with a stock suspension, such as a Regal, Cutty, Caddy, raises in the rear, the axle moves FORWARD, pushing the driveshaft INTO the tranny. Once the drivesahft is in as far as it can go, the rear won't go up further, without causing SERIOUS damage to the tranny. Thus, if you EXTEND the driveshaft, it makes it WORSE. However, if you SHORTEN it, the rear can go further without the driveshaft binding in the tranny.[/b][/quote]
hes right ya know ;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Oct 16 2003, 09:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Oct 16 2003, 09:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--nissanminitrucker@Oct 16 2003, 09:26 AM

as a CAR with a stock suspension, such as a Regal, Cutty, Caddy, raises in the rear, the axle moves FORWARD, pushing the driveshaft INTO the tranny. Once the drivesahft is in as far as it can go, the rear won't go up further, without causing SERIOUS damage to the tranny. Thus, if you EXTEND the driveshaft, it makes it WORSE. However, if you SHORTEN it, the rear can go further without the driveshaft binding in the tranny.[/b][/quote]
He's right!!!!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
what if you extended your lower trailling arms an inch instead of your uppers and driveshaft would it do the same thing except your wheels would be back an inch further when the cars down

21 - 40 of 60 Posts