LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM PUTTING IN 14S IN THE BACK OF MY 77 CADDY.
IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD NOW BEFORE INSTALING?
LIKE WHAT KIND OF MODS. AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DO?

NEED INFO PLEASE

·
Registered
970 Posts
i would say your wasting atleast 2-3 inches of cyls,caddys only use about 11 inches from ground to highest point of lift.they also will stick through the back deck, that sucks i got 12's in my caddy

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
what ever, you don't need a chain bridge for standing 3's.... do what you want home, its yo shit.....14's will work fine just do a little cutting so your uppers get a little more travel....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Dressed2Impress@Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM
what ever, you don't need a chain bridge for standing 3's.... do what you want home, its yo shit.....14's will work fine just do a little cutting so your uppers get a little more travel....
SO I DONT NEED A BRIDGE.
JUST CUT BELOW MY TOP TRAILING ARMS AND IT SHOULD GET SOME
DISTANCE
IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING HOMIE

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dressed2Impress@Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM
IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME THE TOP TRAILING ARMS
ACT ALMOST AS A CHAIN BRIDGE ANYWAYS
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

·
Registered
970 Posts
and ill say it again kaptonkrewl2003 Posted on Dec 15 2003, 09:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i would say your wasting atleast 2-3 inches of cyls,caddys only use about 11 inches from ground to highest point of lift.they also will stick through the back deck, that sucks i got 12's in my caddy and a bridge is for standing threes!!!! duh!! :angry:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by gold cutt 84@Dec 16 2003, 10:37 AM
yes 14's stick threw the deck matters how much spring you gotand if its coil over. :cool: :uh:
I HAVE COIL OVER INBACK THE CYLINDERS ONLY STICK OUT ABOUT 6 INCHES.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by 77CADDY+Dec 15 2003, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (77CADDY @ Dec 15 2003, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dressed2Impress@Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM
WHAT DO YOU THINK?[/b][/quote]
NO WAY

Note the streching of the metal and i did not pull that bushing up it fell out when i pulled the arm off....you sould extend you arms a inch, buy the prohopper trailing arms, or put a bridge in and chan it off at 12 inches if you are interested in buying the prohopper arms pm me i know a guy that can give you a good deal

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by droppen98+Dec 16 2003, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (droppen98 @ Dec 16 2003, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 05:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Dressed2Impress
@Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
NO WAY

Note the streching of the metal and i did not pull that bushing up it fell out when i pulled the arm off....you sould extend you arms a inch, buy the prohopper trailing arms, or put a bridge in and chan it off at 12 inches if you are interested in buying the prohopper arms pm me i know a guy that can give you a good deal[/b][/quote]
I THINK IM JUST GOING TO LIFT IT UP AND CHAIN IT RIGHT THERE
WHAT KIND OF CAR DID THOSE ARMS COME OFF OF , MY ARMS LOOK LONGER.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by droppen98+Dec 16 2003, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (droppen98 @ Dec 16 2003, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 05:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Dressed2Impress
@Dec 15 2003, 12:16 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
NO WAY

Note the streching of the metal and i did not pull that bushing up it fell out when i pulled the arm off....you sould extend you arms a inch, buy the prohopper trailing arms, or put a bridge in and chan it off at 12 inches if you are interested in buying the prohopper arms pm me i know a guy that can give you a good deal[/b][/quote]
I CHECKED THOSE ADJUSTIBLE ARMS OUT THEY AINT BAD FOR 150.00

·
Registered
3 Posts
i got 16s in my 83 cadi the it only stickes out like 2 inches. . and i could stand three. no chain bridge no nothin'. . . altho 12 bateries might help me a little :biggrin: just i little reinforcin for the uppers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Nebraska-Kid@Dec 17 2003, 06:56 PM
i got 16s in my 83 cadi the it only stickes out like 2 inches. . and i could stand three. no chain bridge no nothin'. . . altho 12 bateries might help me a little :biggrin: just i little reinforcin for the uppers
DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS.? I ONLY HAVE 8 BATT. AND 4R PUMPS I GUESS ILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT IT DOES FRIDAY WHEN I GET MY NEW PUMPHEAD SEALS IN.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by capriceman75@Dec 17 2003, 11:27 PM
i know for a fact you lock up a bit higher with the coil over an chain bridge set-up
HOW MUCH HIGHER WILL IT LOCK UP DOG?
JUST ESTAMATE IT.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 77CADDY+Dec 18 2003, 05:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (77CADDY @ Dec 18 2003, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--capriceman75@Dec 17 2003, 11:27 PM
i know for a fact you lock up a bit higher with the coil over an chain bridge set-up
HOW MUCH HIGHER WILL IT LOCK UP DOG?
JUST ESTAMATE IT.[/b][/quote]
WASS UPPP? HOMIES

1 - 20 of 28 Posts