LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been educating myself on chain bridges and i still cant find out what their good for other than just strengh. i always thought that a chain bridge made your standing 3 higher but i read that you dont need a chain bridge to stand three so then why put on in if you have a reenforced frame? whats it good for can someone answer me this question cause some of the threads are confusing mewhat are they good for? :confused: would a 93 fleetwood need it if i got three pumps and 10 batts? and 16" cylinders in back

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
strength and 3's. depending on how there setup, you can get a higher 3 with the chains than without

·
1,395 Posts

as the left cylinder pushes up, and you dump the right........the one chain creates a leverage point to teeter totter on ;) the result is a higher three stance.

that is what the chain is used for, the bridge connects the two frame rails which is added strength. Ive seen people use a bridge, and no chain.

you really don't NEED it, but it helps in some cases.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
chains are for dogs :puffin:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
preciate you clearing that out for me nyd40cal but now for you pshycho631 why dont u like chains explain to me you u dont like it you have good reason to say that or just dont like the noise or what? im just trying to learn you know, what you think my fleetwood will need a bridge with chains or no bridge or whats you view on it

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Im curious about something:

- When fully dumped, are the chains just hanging on the ground?
- Does this pose a problem with Law Enforcement if they are draggin on the ground?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
finally someone answere my question :cool:

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
If your building the car to do monster 3s then go ahead. Certan cars cant have big cylinders in the rear cause they hit the window and will break so they use a smaller cylinder and with the aid of the chains it 3 wheels like it would if it had a longer cylinder. Another reason for the chains is to help heavy cars 3 wheel such as lincolns/caddys :biggrin:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got a caddy so i guess ima go with the chains then whats three wheeling if you are not doing it big you know!! but preciate that answer makes sense

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
have have 3 pumps ..1 to the front and 2 for the rear corners and 6 batterys ..i had to put chains on for a power 3 ( pause) cus i dont have enouf weight ...on a hill i didnt need chains and the chains took about 2inchs away from my height but its garenteed to 3 at the corner at the light and im happy with it

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UNFORGIVEN reminded me of something i dont see many cars with shocks why makes car low on getting up orwhats that about i know i didnt have them on my other car cause they were preventing my cylinders from fully extending but is their another reason people dot use them

·
Boats n Hoes
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin bumpers@Dec 11 2008, 07:32 PM~12403694
UNFORGIVEN reminded me of something i dont see many cars with shocks why makes car low on getting up orwhats that about i know i didnt have them on my other car cause they were preventing my cylinders from fully extending but is their another reason people dot use them
Most people with street cars usually take off the shocks, and throw them away. But then some people out there like to take a lil pride in the way their car rides, so you can leave the shocks on the back of your caddy. But since you have such tall cylinders, you will need to put bigger ones on, such as truck shocks. However your not gonna want to leave yours on because you wanna do 3 wheels. 3wheelin will break your shocks quick. Leaving the shocks on may result in the car to not lay as low. Its all about what you want your car to do Hoppers like to use shocks because if you participate in a LRM event, shocks are required, among other reasons :cool:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
if i get 14" cylinders for the rear.. i can i find some shocks that i can still use? or is that too big?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts