LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I'm puttin 14" cylinders in my 72 Caprice with powerballs welded on the axle, coilover,etc. I have a whammy tank on the rears, with 4batts. the single front pump has 3 batts, 36v., I've done plenty of reading on chain bridge set ups and was wondering what they mean when they say the chain acts like a pivot point, with the car tipping like a teeter totter? What does a fuckin chain got to do with forcing a cylinder on its spring, as far as I know tha cylinder don't move without juice. Does a chain just prevent you from over extending your cylinder,? How do you over extend, I never have, you should know your cylinders limits, no? Anyone have any input or answers.?>

·
Registered
819 Posts
okay I'll do my best at trying to explain this one. If I've missed anything or stated something wrong please correct me.

You are right about the chain limiting the extension of the cylinders, however that's only part of it.

In order to get the full effect of you will have to have two pumps to the rear (hence your whammy tank).

You should put about 8" - 10" of chain.

You will raise your car 10" (assuming 10" of chain is used). Okay, since you have independent motors to each back cylinder, that means either side still has 4" inches of travel.

lock the car at 10". Next, hit your back left pump some more. What this will do will cause the car to lean sideways (because it can't go straight up because it's locked at 10"). The sideways action will cause the right side to go down (teeter totter effect).

This will raise your front left tire off the ground.

Hope explained it clearly.

Later
TC

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes some sense, what do you mean by hence your whammy tank? The whammy tank is two pumps sharing the same fluid, I have one dump on each side set for each rear cylinder, the rear switches are wired for independant use as well as together. The front pump "3rd" has two dumps. You think the whammy tank will affect the standing three wheel performance?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 4 tha input, will be posted in spring 04, when all completed. anyone else dis-agree, if not, peace out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts