LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
I do it!! Fuck it I will keep my balljoints and make sure nobody gets a spring flying at them in the process! ;)

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by impala_631@Oct 10 2003, 12:28 PM
never done it but it seem like a good idea
Thats exactly what I am thinking..... Now do you make it so the chains become tight before the suspension is maxed out? Thats how I would assume but I have never done it so am unsure.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
If you wanna use stock arms or extended arms that are still stock put a 1/4 inch or 3/8 piece of metal wherever the arm is hitting and build the boxes and chain to fit that spot.

When i build it I make the arms not hit the frame and chain it right before the ball joint angle is too much and wont go any more.

On my s-10 when the suspension only has the arms and spindle bolted up the ball joint's max out up and down.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
whoa! looks like imma chain the monte in the rear and the front. do you hafta put chains on both sides of the bottom control arm?

Last edited by 1lownissan at Oct 11 2003, 09:44 PM

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 1lownissan@Oct 11 2003, 08:40 PM
whoa! looks like imma chain the monte in the rear and the front. do you hafta put chains on both sides of the bottom control arm?
Good question.....somebody out here can answer that better than me......... :cool:

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Oct 10 2003, 02:19 PM
If you wanna use stock arms or extended arms that are still stock put a 1/4 inch or 3/8 piece of metal wherever the arm is hitting and build the boxes and chain to fit that spot.

When i build it I make the arms not hit the frame and chain it right before the ball joint angle is too much and wont go any more.

On my s-10 when the suspension only has the arms and spindle bolted up the ball joint's max out up and down.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Oct 10 2003, 02:19 PM

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts