LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got the RS-72 slam bags in the rear of my caddy and the mounts on top are just cups that just sit there and hold the car up. I've heard I should chain the rear end to keep the bags from over inflating. What length should I chain it at? like 10" or 11" or what? any input is well appreciated.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is no bolting it in, its just a cup, ive had the bags on for like 2 years now with no shocks. but these new bags I heard you need to limit the lift so they dont over inflate so all I need is shocks???

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
i had a bag set up with out limits, held strong and i 3 wheels and hit it with lofts of pressure, never over extended. but i guess if you want to you would stop them at there max growth at 150psi in the bag, which would get you to there max growth with out max pressure. and chain them there. but i dont find it nessisary unlress its a sleeve bags

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no need to chain i have the 13 lft bags on mine and i have no problmes with over extending at all u should know by now how hi u can go with them after haveing bag 4 2 years and why no shocks dose'nt your car move up and down when hittng a bump ? have a good one

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by LeosAirSuspension@Sep 25 2005, 12:27 AM~3879734
no need to chain  i have the 13 lft bags on mine and i have no problmes with over extending at all  u should know by now  how hi u can go with them after haveing bag 4 2 years and why no shocks  dose'nt your car move up and down  when hittng a bump ?  have a good one
yeah it moves like a mother fucker when I hit a bump. Never got around to measurin and seein what size shocks I needed.

as far as knowing how hi i can go with these bags, Ive only had these bags for a week, I had 2500 firestones in for the past 2 years so im gettin more lift now.....I'm guessin all I need is shocks from the looks of all the posts.....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
napa auto parts has shock that go down to 13 inches and extend to 27 1/2 inches and only $13.99 a pice that what i had to do cause after takeing out the 2600 i had in the back and putting in the 13inch lift bags the bags locked up so h that i broke my left shock os i went and go me the new ones at napa and im still able to LAY aND GET A HIGHER LIFT ! everyone thinks i have hydraulics but just bags have a good one and good luck

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was hoping this topic was about putting in a chain bridge on air. Maybe i'll start a new topic, but I don't think anyone has a chain bridge on air. I bet it would help those 3's :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by LeosAirSuspension@Sep 25 2005, 09:56 PM~3883409
napa auto parts has shock that go down to 13 inches and extend to 27 1/2 inches and only $13.99 a pice  that what i had to do cause after takeing out the 2600 i had in the back  and putting in the 13inch lift bags the bags locked up so h that i broke my left shock  os i went and go me the new ones at napa and im still able to LAY aND GET A HIGHER LIFT ! everyone thinks i have hydraulics but just bags  have a good one and good luck
What is the part number or what do I ask for at Napa if I want a pair of these shocks?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
PART # 94157 NAPA AUTO PARTS THERE NEW GAS SHOCKS

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 24 2005, 02:12 PM~3876996
ive got the RS-72 slam bags in the rear of my caddy and the mounts on top are just cups that just sit there and hold the car up. I've heard I should chain the rear end to keep the bags from over inflating. What length should I chain it at? like 10" or 11" or what? any input is well appreciated.
i'm not directing it at you but i have to say this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
You shouldn't have to limit them, especially since the upper mount isn't bolted in. I have to strap my rear end if I go up on a frame lift, cause the bags are bolted in and the rearend hangs down when it's not supported.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by draggindakota@Sep 27 2005, 07:09 AM~3893314
You shouldn't have to limit them, especially since the upper mount isn't bolted in. I have to strap my rear end if I go up on a frame lift, cause the bags are bolted in and the rearend hangs down when it's not supported.
I would think you would want them to be bolted in regardless. And for some reason if you can't bolt them in you would want to limit the travel somehow.
I can just see the back end launching up real fast because theres no real weight back there, and oh nice my air line connected to the bag helped the car land back on the bag in the right spot.

Do you think that the bags are not strong enough to hold the weight of the axle. I know tension and compression are two different things but if they can handle throwing the car up in the air, they should handle picking the rear axle up.

·
Registered
856 Posts
just weld them in and cut a hole in the floor above them for acess. or weld in a nut and bolt them in. your just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by HighProCam@Sep 26 2005, 10:20 PM~3888429
I was hoping this topic was about putting in a chain bridge on air.  Maybe i'll start a new topic, but I don't think anyone has a chain bridge on air.  I bet it would help those 3's  :biggrin:
Over winter I'm gonna have a go at chaining my trailing arm IRS. Partly to limit travel before the shocks reach their limit,partly to try for a standing three. Will keep you posted?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts