LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by fabfiveprez@Sep 23 2003, 04:49 PM
i dont think he will go all the way to utah for a model show....
If hes up to it I will be his sponsor and he can ship it carefully packed and I will take care of his entry.
I saw that one coming.

·
Registered
483 Posts
To utah from florida? I guesss your going to pay for his airline ticket?
:dunno:

Last edited by __Bosha__ at Sep 23 2003, 08:21 PM

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
lol i have a way harder challenge... building an all out radical show car and the deadline is january lowrider show in miami...which leaves me with wut? 3 months?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
im talkin about my REAL car my regal done in 3 months on a budget i haznt had work in like a month...lol and im also working on a 63 project (real car also)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Originally posted by BennyFuckinBlanco@Sep 23 2003, 08:45 PM
i thought there wasn't gonna be a lowrider miami show in january? Whats goin on here? is there, or is there not?
suposably theres gunna be one more and thats it... hell nah if they dont come down here no more then lowrider sucks ass so does BLVD not coming down to florida no more

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Sep 23 2003, 07:41 PM
lol i have a way harder challenge... building an all out radical show car and the deadline is january lowrider show in miami...which leaves me with wut? 3 months?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmm Miami in January sounds nice and warm , I would love to however at the moment I am comitted to the GSL. Now don't go off on some bullshit about backing out.
The GSL is a bit different in that you have to build a car that existed at one time or currently exists. You must provide as much documentation as possible on the subject, your accuracy and ability to recreate a car as well as execution and cleanliness of build all count otwards your points and on and on........ these guys are anal. No I don't expect to win anything but it will be fun.
That said let me tell you about what I am doing. I am doing a replica of my 70 Cuda that we had when I was a kid. It was set up for drags as well as street, although the engine looked stock. The best part is the paint , silver basecoat, candy lime next, all the panels then have a forest green candy lace pattern ( 70s style ) with multiple airbrushed details. I will post you guys some pics when I get them scanned.
The bitch of it is that the only 70 Cuda kit ever done was an MPC that goes for over $75 on ebay. So I am gathering pieces to convert a 71 Revell Hemi Street Cuda to a 70 340 ,the grille on the 70 is different and only done one year, have to convert the taillights, hood, seats and I am not sure what else yet. And the damn Revell has a molded in exhaust and crap so I will have to really modify the chassis.
My dad is pretty stoked I am doing this, in fact I plan on doing two at the same tiem and taking the best one to Utah and giving him one.
So what do you have up your sleeve for the Miami thing?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah I forgot, post up some pics as you go along. Good infocus pics like the ones I take so you can see all the details and screw ups

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
up my sleve?...lol i need to get started on my regal... i took it apart... now i needa start working on it... i still haznt finished takin it apart i needa cut the rack off to take the chassis off.... i will build a model replica of it when its done cause as of now i dunno wut patterns ima do n stuff so u noe....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fair enough, take some pics and build a nice clean replica of your Regal and let us see, I will post progress pics as I build my Cuda

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Sep 23 2003, 07:53 PM
im talkin about my REAL car my regal done in 3 months on a budget i haznt had work in like a month...lol and im also working on a 63 project (real car also)
got any pics of your rides? All I've ever seen is the stuff in your avatar.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Sep 23 2003, 08:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Sep 23 2003, 08:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Sep 23 2003, 07:53 PM
im talkin about my REAL car my regal done in 3 months on a budget i haznt had work in like a month...lol and im also working on a 63 project  (real car also)
got any pics of your rides? All I've ever seen is the stuff in your avatar.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
he had a pretty cool site with the punkin car not sure if its still up or not though

1 - 20 of 41 Posts