LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a model car with chameleon paint and it looked hot as hell. i just wanted to know if you people every saw it before. i would show u the pic but i can find them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeah man. There are several brands out there. The best is House of Kolors ( HOK ) which is really HOK automotive paint, your base coat must be black for it to work. Black gold sells it bottled in small quantities for modeling. It comes in various colors. A little expensive and you need to airbrush it.
I have used the Duplicolor Mirage ( Purple to green used on the car in my Avatar ) paint set that you can get at Auto Supply stores. Its a 3 can set, base coat of flat black , the color change coat, and a can of clear coat. They make Purple to Green , Silver ( really a dark grphite ) to Green , Red to Blue, and a new one called Ice that is kinda a rainbow flake. I really want to try the Ice. BigPoppa is doing a car with this, can't wait to see it.
I also have seen a set at the Hardware store by Krylon, haven't used it or known anyone who has but it looked cool.
Remember you have to prime if you use Auto paints.
Hope this helps.
D

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Aug 29 2003, 09:43 AM
a new one called Ice that is kinda a rainbow flake. I really want to try the Ice. BigPoppa is doing a car with this, can't wait to see it...
I actually did my bike with it with blue as a basecoat instead of black, looks a lot better. I hope to throw down a couple models the same way to display together at a show.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Aug 29 2003, 10:48 AM
Cool man, its a bitch getting the color change to show up in a photo huh?
hell yeah it is, you know what is a bitch too is getting pearl to show up. :mad:
i just came from outside right now taking some outside pics of my homies panel. i'm gonna see how they turned out.

i had a hell of a time taking pics of my caddy i been working on. i finally got a couple to show a very little bit of the pearl when i'm looking at it the damn thing is pink and they show up silver in the pics :ugh:

Last edited by The Mad Modeler at Aug 29 2003, 11:05 AM

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yep, I have $500 digital and a great lighting set up and I still can't get it right.
Hey your are in Az right? Going to the Copper State thing this weekend? Lots of Drag cars and Gassers from what I hear!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Aug 29 2003, 12:18 PM
Yep, I have $500 digital and a great lighting set up and I still can't get it right.
Hey your are in Az right? Going to the Copper State thing this weekend? Lots of Drag cars and Gassers from what I hear!
man, i have a $1500 digital and i do photography but still have a hrad time with the pearls, Kandies, color changers ect sometimes :mad: lol

no, i havent heard anything about that. I WOULD LOVE TO GO THOUGH!!!!!! and you know this!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

do you have anymore info on it? PM me if you do man. THANX!!!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Aug 29 2003, 01:25 PM
HOK in CANS!
doesn't mention the flip flop or chameleon though, maybe I didn't look far enough
http://www.blackgoldweb.com/HouseOfKolorAe...olCanPaint.html
woo hoo!!! you cralled out from under your rock and are getting back up to date finally :thumbsup:

lol..... just givin ya a hard time man. ;)

lemme know more about those Gassers :biggrin:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Aug 29 2003, 01:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Aug 29 2003, 01:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dag65@Aug 29 2003, 01:25 PM
HOK in CANS!
doesn't mention the flip flop or chameleon though, maybe I didn't look far enough
http://www.blackgoldweb.com/HouseOfKolorAe...olCanPaint.html
woo hoo!!! you cralled out from under your rock and are getting back up to date finally :thumbsup:

lol..... just givin ya a hard time man. ;)

lemme know more about those Gassers :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
Just PMd you the info I found, yeha a little late on the HOK I guess LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Krylon makes a three part spray can kit. I bought some about a month ago. It turns from magenta to gold. The shyt works tight as hell. It comes with a can black basecoat, the chamelion paint and a can of clear to make it look nice and wet. I got mine at Michaels and i bet you can get them at other art suppliy stores too.
Just puttin' my two cents and now I'm broke.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Aug 29 2003, 12:18 PM
Copper State Finals, the model show?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts