LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AIGHT THERS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING...........DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SHOOT A CHAMELEON OR WHAT I NEED......IV ALWAYS BEEN SCARED TO SHOOT THIS SHIT, BUT I GOT A HOMIE DAT GONNA PAY SOME $$$$$$$$$ TO SHOOT IT. SO I COULDNT TURN IT DOWN AND NOW IM LOST......I HEAD ITS SHOT IN ABOUT 4-5 DIFFERENT STAGES.......ANYSUGGESTIONS OR TIPS........IM NOT A BEGINNER SO I DONT NEED THOSE LIL TIPS IVE PAINTED BEFORE BUT IF SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS SHOT IT BEFORE...WHAT ARE THE DO'S AND DONTS OR EXPECTATIONS......THANKS :cool:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
what colors are thay?? my old truck was sprad like that but i thank there is 2 ways of doing it. #1 mix them all together and spray a mist over the car,then spray a it thicker and let dry. #2 the way thay did mine is one color at a time but with thin coats darkist to lights color in that order. thats just how thay did mine see what else pplz say in here about it. ill try and get an old pic and show you..

LateRz ;) hope this helps a bit ;) :cheesy:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA I HEARD THERE WAS A FEW WAYS TO SHOOT IT.....ITS ACTUALLY ALL MIXED TOGETHER SO THERE IS NO MIXING TO GET THE CAMELEON AFFECT BUT HES GOING THAT GREEN PURPLE AND BLUE.....IN GOING ON A FORD RUSTANG :cool: ..........AND ALL I KNOW IS IT NEEDS A BLACK BASE COAT.....BUT THANKS FOR THE FEED BACK......PICS WOULD BE NICE.....

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

this is the best i can do there old pics and i have no scaner.

HEY IF ANY ONE EVER SEES THIS TRUCK PM ME I WANT IT BACK. ITS BEEN REAKED 2 TIMES AND HAS HAD DROES
lmk

hope this helps man good luck ;) ;) :cheesy:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Kamelion is a 3 stage paint base kamelion/ harlequin then you clear. If you cant shoot candy i would not recomend shooting flip flop paint. You basically shoot it like candy if you go panel by panel its going to look like shit. As far as what you need go to the paint store they will sell you eveything you need. You dont need a black base coat i tryed a bunch of different base coats just stay away from light colors but black does give it the hardest flop.

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by MONTE CARLO SD@Oct 2 2003, 04:02 PM
AIGHT THERS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING...........DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SHOOT A CHAMELEON OR WHAT I NEED......IV ALWAYS BEEN SCARED TO SHOOT THIS SHIT, BUT I GOT A HOMIE DAT GONNA PAY SOME $$$$$$$$$ TO SHOOT IT. SO I COULDNT TURN IT DOWN AND NOW IM LOST......I HEAD ITS SHOT IN ABOUT 4-5 DIFFERENT STAGES.......ANYSUGGESTIONS OR TIPS........IM NOT A BEGINNER SO I DONT NEED THOSE LIL TIPS IVE PAINTED BEFORE BUT IF SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS SHOT IT BEFORE...WHAT ARE THE DO'S AND DONTS OR EXPECTATIONS......THANKS :cool:
actually flip flop is pretty easy to paint. i always recommend a black base then the chameleon then clean it is not very hard but yes it can turn out blochy or streaks if you are not carefull but it you use at least 4 coats of chameleon it should look good

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EY THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE FEED BACK IT ALL HELPS..........I GUESS ILL TAKE MY TIME AND SHOOT...........ILL POST SOME PICS OF THE MUSTANG WHEN IM DONE............THANKS TO ALL GOOD LOOKIN OUT :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts