LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its time to c hange my starter on my car...i've heard this is a pretty simple job to do...as easy as the water pump i just changed on it...anybody have any advice or comments on this..all feedback is welcome..

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Oct 25 2003, 08:04 AM
ok its time to c hange my starter on my car...i've heard this is a pretty simple job to do...as easy as the water pump i just changed on it...anybody have any advice or comments on this..all feedback is welcome..
Well its should be easy to do if you buy them haynes books i think thats what they are called use that to guide you if get lost its good to have if you havent did work of that magnitude plus i would disconnect the positive from the battery post

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
do you have a v6 or v8?

its not hard at all.

the longest it should take is an hour.

i do mine in 15-20 minutes and thats because i have hand tools.

:),

cc

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea that reminds me...on my other regal my homie was changin the solinoid on my starter and he forgot to disconnect it and almost shocked the shit outta himself lol..yea that will be the first thing i do is undo the batt..but yea its only like 2 bolts holdin it in..took him only about 20 min to swap out the starter when he did it last time..i been doing alot of the stuff to my ride now and i like it..i'm surprise at the things i've fixed on it :biggrin: lets me ride with confidence too cuz i know if somthin breaks i only have myself to blame lol
v-6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts