LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
no no 2.3 is the size of the motor not how much oil you put in it, should say n the instruction manual how much oil it takes, if not buy at least 5 and fill it with 3 of em, start the motor run it for 2 seconds than shut it off and check the oil if the oil at low add 3/4 of a quart more, if its not even on the dipp stick add 1 quart more. jus add oil till it reaches n the gridded area of the dippstick REMEMBER THE OIL DOES NOT HAVE TO REACH THE FULL MARK AS LONG AS IT LEAST GETS TO THE HALF POINT OF THE GRIDDED AREA OR CLOSE, AND DO NOT OVER FILL, PLEASE TRY TO STAY N THE GRIDDED AREA, and jus remember to always have one extra quart n your trunk n case you run low and remember to check your oil everytime you fuel up, also write down how many quarts it needed to so you remember how much to get next time. ;) hope it helps

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
.. pm me if you need addional help

Last edited by fuwad85 at Dec 23 2003, 05:18 PM

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thanks man. im also gonna do my tranny so how much tranny fluid should i buy? and my brother told me to buy one of those big bottle things of oil will that be enuff

Last edited by FullFledgedPimpin at Dec 23 2003, 05:43 PM

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by FullFledgedPimpin@Dec 23 2003, 06:40 PM
k thanks man. im also gonna do my tranny so how much tranny fluid should i buy? and my brother told me to buy one of those big bottle things of oil will that be enuff
well dont jus dump the bottle all n there at once, generally when doin the trans at least 4 quarts will splash out, buh always check the dipp while refillin if you didnt need it automakers wouldnt have bothered spending the extra money to put it there.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
What are you doing to the tranny? Are you dropping the pan (gasket and filter)? In that case, all you need is 4 quarts of ATF. But if you are flushing the whole tranny, you need a special machine and about 12 quarts of ATF. Don't do this if your tranny has over 75,000 miles and hasn't been flushed before. If you want, add a pint of Slick 50.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Dec 24 2003, 02:41 PM
What are you doing to the tranny? Are you dropping the pan (gasket and filter)? In that case, all you need is 4 quarts of ATF. But if you are flushing the whole tranny, you need a special machine and about 12 quarts of ATF. Don't do this if your tranny has over 75,000 miles and hasn't been flushed before. If you want, add a pint of Slick 50.
how can you even say that without knowing what kind of car it is?

damn

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
:uh:

if its for a 2.3L it will take between 3.5 to 4.5 litres of oil......but it depends on the manufacturer of the vehicle......domestic like a lot of oil...import not as much.....

as for the tranny fluid have it running in park and check your fluid top up as needed....may only need like 1/4 of a liter to top it off....

and fuwad your an idiot.......

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Dec 24 2003, 08:09 PM

if its for a 2.3L it will take between 3.5 to 4.5 litres of oil......but it depends on the manufacturer of the vehicle......domestic like a lot of oil...import not as much.....

as for the tranny fluid have it running in park and check your fluid top up as needed....may only need like 1/4 of a liter to top it off....

Chris would know, after all he is a Monkey! ;) :0

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Dec 25 2003, 02:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Dec 25 2003, 02:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Dec 24 2003, 08:09 PM

Chris would know, after all he is a Monkey! ;) :0[/b][/quote]
yup and i work at canadian tire as shop bitch.....YAY for me!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Dec 24 2003, 07:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Dec 24 2003, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Dec 24 2003, 08:09 PM

Chris would know, after all he is a Monkey! ;) :0[/b][/quote]
lol monkey :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Dec 24 2003, 09:09 PM

wow chris you jus told him to service his tranny while the car is running, AND IM THE IDIOT, while hes under he might as well change his oil right monkey?

Last edited by fuwad85 at Dec 27 2003, 11:19 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by fuwad85+Dec 28 2003, 12:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fuwad85 @ Dec 28 2003, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Chris@Dec 24 2003, 09:09 PM

wow chris you jus told him to service his tranny while the car is running, AND IM THE IDIOT, while hes under he might as well change his oil right monkey?[/b][/quote]
um, ya, yourwe supposed to check the trans fluid level with the car running and warm and parked on a level surface..

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Dec 28 2003, 08:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Dec 28 2003, 08:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2003, 12:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Chris
@Dec 24 2003, 09:09 PM

wow chris you jus told him to service his tranny while the car is running, AND IM THE IDIOT, while hes under he might as well change his oil right monkey?
um, ya, yourwe supposed to check the trans fluid level with the car running and warm and parked on a level surface..[/b][/quote]
hmmph yeah i know that but the guy was askn bout servicing it, so i assumed thats what monkeyboy would advising him about.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo@Dec 24 2003, 01:41 PM
no hold up, i wanna know sumthin n i keep hearn this again n again, y cant you flush the trans if it has from than a certain amount of miles, i only heard you cant service it if it has more than X amount of miles, cuz it loosens up old gunk on it that will clog the filter n cuz the trans to cease up, i heard flushing would actually fix that wtf.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts