LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so imma noob, sorry, but i was just wondering if there was some way i can charge all 10 of my batteries at the same time, instead of one by one. or maybe a couple at a time. anything will help. thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
yes, you can charge them in series provided your charger can handle it.

Most people use the Shumacher 1072 which can do 6 batteries at once. You could do 6 then 4.

Otherwise you'll need a charger that does 120 Volts. 12V x 10 batts.

Use the search or if it's turned off, just go back a few pages.

The battery questions get asked a LOT

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Okay go to wal-mart and get 2 12volt cheapo's. run 5 batts to each in parralel.. all plus's to gether and all negs together. Untill you save up for a streat charger or shu!!!!! Make shure it's on 2 amps over night or 5 amps till charged.. :cool:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
another thing, i wanted to know if chargng ur batteries takes up alot of your light bill, cause i recently got my bill and it was sky high!

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by SwitchHitter@Sep 5 2006, 12:27 AM~6106061
another thing, i wanted to know if chargng ur batteries takes up alot of your light bill, cause i recently got my bill and it was sky high!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I got 3 fish tanks , 5 kids . 4 direct TV's , on line all the time LIL , one wife who needs every light on all night.. Your bill is not that bad.. :biggrin: I saved $10 bying a $400 streat charger.. :cool:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
:cool: damn, hommie i feel ur pain. but i still want to know if it takes up alot of ur light bill, by the way i got the norml charger that you buy at discount auto parts for 100 dollars

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Not really. :biggrin: You do it over night. while you sleep at 2amps.. :biggrin: Unplug in the morning and thats it. If you have good batts then they are good for like a week or so.. I have wally worlds 500cc. so I got a streat charger. I was unhooking and chrging every night.. :uh:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Sep 5 2006, 05:56 PM~6111431
Not really. :biggrin: You do it over night. while you sleep at 2amps.. :biggrin:  Unplug in the morning and thats it. If you have good batts then they are good for like a week or so.. I have wally worlds 500cc. so I got a streat charger. I was unhooking and chrging every night.. :uh:
well let me tell what i do, i charge my batteries at 40 amps. and keep switching them every 2 hours till i do all 6 batts. i dont like doing that over night shit cause iam a little paranoid, and plus i cant cause i have the single battery charger so iam not going to be wakeing up evry 2 hours to switch them up, so i do it by day. :cool:

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Your going to kill them!!!!! :cool: And 40 amps uses a lot more power then 2amps over night. If you got deep cell batts they like a slow charge.. the slower the better.. 2amps will kill your batts in like 36hrs.. so no fear there bro... hahahhaha. But charge slow and you can hit longer. The batts get use to that fast charge and discharge just as fast.. :cool: You got to trane them batts like a woman. Nice and slow.. O shit my wife just knocked the shit out of me!!! Got to roll out work time.. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts