LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i have a 12 volt charger can i charge all 6 of my batts at the same time just take a little longer. i have them all wired at 72 volts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by caddymack@Nov 2 2003, 08:03 PM
if i have a 12 volt charger can i charge all 6 of my batts at the same time just take a little longer. i have them all wired at 72 volts.
:uh:

DUDE its a 12volt charger how can it charge 6 batts? 12 VOLTS is one batt so if u want to use that charger u gotta charge each batt one by one

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i heard u cant.... u can only charge 1 battery at a time wid a 12 volt charger... gonna need to buy a stronger charger..

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
... or hook them up parallel.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess my question is how cause im pretty sure you can do it it just takes longer

Last edited by caddymack at Nov 2 2003, 09:06 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ditto my previous answer. Hook the batteries up parallel, so that the charger only sees 12 volts.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
just hook all your +'s to the +'s and the -'s to the -'s and you can charge 6 at a time or how ever many you got

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by caddymack@Nov 2 2003, 08:54 PM
i guess my question is how cause im pretty sure you can do it it just takes longer
I used to hook as many chargers as possible to get mine up fast, but not too fast. Looked real crazy, DON'T do this when you are high :biggrin:

If just using one charger, put the positive lead on one end of your battery set and the negative at the other end. Meaning, for a more even charge, don't put both the positive and negative cables on the same battery, spread them each to the far ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts