LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a cheap wal-mart charger for now. When you charge your batteries do you leave all the cables hooked up to the batteries and charge 1 battery at a time or do you unhook the cables and charge 1 battery at a time?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
i charge all 8 at once cause i have a multi-charger but before i did i would disconnect 1 cable from every battery and charge 1 for like 4 hrs or so and sometimes i would charge 4 for like 2 days or so i would hook all the + and all the - and make it into 1 big 12 volt battery and charge it like normal

·
Registered
942 Posts
i would unhook and charge them single,that is gonna take a long time,i'd say u should get a multi charger,if u did hook them all together the RIGHT way it would probly burn the WAL MART charger up

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i should disconnect all the cables from the batteries and charge 1 at a time? Would it hurt to leave the cables on the batteries and charge 1 at a time that way without disconnecting the cables?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by hillbillyrider@Aug 15 2005, 11:43 PM~3630727
so i should disconnect all the cables from the batteries and charge 1 at a time?  Would it hurt to leave the cables on the batteries and charge 1 at a time that way without disconnecting the cables?
do not leave the cable that goes 2 the solenoid hooked 2 the battery,al right i'll brake it down 4 you however many batteries u run ,my setup 4 instance,6 batts 3 too each pump,ran like this+ 2 - on first 3 batts u dont want 2 charge 2 batts together so u unhookthe wires 2 the battery u r chargin,u dont have 2 unhook all the batts just the one u r chargin

·
Registered
942 Posts
how many amps is your charger?slow charge is best if the 5 amp option is avalible charge each one for about 5-6 hours

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
ok i got a question how do i know if my charger is a multibattery charger the box said it was but how do i use it i hate charging the batteries it takes me 16 hours 2 hours for each i always keep them juiced

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by Loco Low Tucson 520@Aug 16 2005, 03:01 PM~3636529
ok i got a question how do i know if my charger is a multibattery charger the box said it was but how do i use it i hate charging the batteries it takes me 16 hours 2 hours for each i always keep them juiced
hers how i do mine with my multi, this is what my batts look like +2-+2-+2-2-2+2-2+-2+ that is six batts,u want 2 charge 3 at a timeso were u have a cable hooked 2 the +on one end of the battthat goes 2 the solenoid that is were u hook the +cable from the batt charger,and the - goes on the 3 rd batt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts