LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Str8crazy80@Nov 4 2003, 02:58 AM
sorry about that. But I got one more question when you hook them up parallel can you still charge them for (6 to 8 hrs.) at 5 amps???
Yes, you can. But it depends on how discharged they are as to whether or not they are completely charged after 6 - 8 hours.

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
well right now the battires are dead they won't lift the car at all you can only hear the click' click'.

so now do you think I can charge all the batteries parallel for about 7 hours. And charge all the batteries at once :cheesy: .

:uh: :uh: :uh: ????

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It's hard for me to say because I don't know what condition your batteries are in. For all I know, they all have dead cells. Since you're even unsure as to whether the batteries are any good, I would go with charging them one at a time this first time just to make sure the batteries even hold a chage. You may want to check your specific gravity too. And what the hell are you doing letting your batteries completely die. Not even deep-cycle batteries like TOTAL death. 20% capacity is OK, but total death is a no-no.

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Nov 11 2003, 06:02 AM
It's hard for me to say because I don't know what condition your batteries are in. For all I know, they all have dead cells. Since you're even unsure as to whether the batteries are any good, I would go with charging them one at a time this first time just to make sure the batteries even hold a chage. You may want to check your specific gravity too. And what the hell are you doing letting your batteries completely die. Not even deep-cycle batteries like TOTAL death. 20% capacity is OK, but total death is a no-no.
well I git what your saying. And my batteries are brand new sence i've had them they have only been charged one time. But i'm new at this as you can see and and i'm just trying to learn more and thanks for your help. and yea i know it's bad to run your batteries all the way down and then charge them up it messes them up.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Str8crazy80+Nov 12 2003, 01:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Str8crazy80 @ Nov 12 2003, 01:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Nov 11 2003, 06:02 AM
It's hard for me to say because I don't know what condition your batteries are in.  For all I know, they all have dead cells.  Since you're even unsure as to whether the batteries are any good, I would go with charging them one at a time this first time just to make sure the batteries even hold a chage.  You may want to check your specific gravity too.  And what the hell are you doing letting your batteries completely die.  Not even deep-cycle batteries like TOTAL death.  20% capacity is OK, but total death is a no-no.
well I git what your saying. And my batteries are brand new sence i've had them they have only been charged one time. But i'm new at this as you can see and and i'm just trying to learn more and thanks for your help. and yea i know it's bad to run your batteries all the way down and then charge them up it messes them up.[/b][/quote]
Well if your batteries are brand new, then you need to meter them first to check and see if it is your battery that is fucked up. You may have lost a solenoid also. The same thing was happening to me a couple of days ago. I would meter all of them first to make sure that it is your batteries.

·
15 years strong
7,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can I charge my batteries faster if I put it on a higher amp. And then charge them parallel for lesser hours or would it be better to just leave the amp at 5 and charge them for 7 hours hooked up
parallel. :uh: :uh: :uh: Help me please!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts