LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any1 ever took their car to Macco to have their car painted or know any1 that has ever took it their......Im lookin for a low priced paint job just for my daily car.......I live in Louisville, Ky.......any suggestions on where to take my car! Hit me back!

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Jun 17 2003, 08:45 PM
i took my car to Maaco and got a nice enough paint job to get a feature in Lowrider and 3rd place at the Indy low low show
i did buy my own paint, though.... House of Kolor
YEAH HOK paint is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ask Mo aka Wired62, his orange cutty was taken to Maaco, and it was looking HELLA NICE, well I may bring my car there, and have them paint it, I DUNNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but remember, bring your own paint ;) :cool:

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
yeah man,,,me and my brother have had like 5-6 cars painted at Macco...i guess it all depends on the city and state.....they do really good jobs here....and it helps to have a friend work there ;) pay for the cheapest one..and get the top of line one..lol....but here even without hook-ups..they ahve done nice jobs on our cars... the best way to insure a good job.. is take off all the trim and door panels by yourself...take off every lil peice that u dont want painted,,they do get into a hurry on the taping up of everything..so i just take every single thing i can off...lights,door panels,weather stripping,chrome...everything u can.....asfar as the paint..they do good job painting it,,,if u get the better paint job....its no kandy..but if u take care of it,,and prep it like i said..it should turn out nice!!!!!.....for the baller on a budget....i'd say go for it ;) best 5-800 bucks u could spend ;)

·
Registered
17,895 Posts
dam all this maaco talk is surprising me, my friend send his 88 monte ls to get painted there and they didnt do a good job at all. he needed a lot of body work though. do they do good body work at that maaco? the monte was painted black, then after he washed it (he let it cure) you were able to see water spots right on the paint job. after a year that paint looked nasty, and the bad part about it is that it looked like they didnt even touch the body before the painte, it had major dents in it.then the paint started to chip. i guess it all depends on tha state, and they charged him one g to do that paint job! he was mad

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by impala_1962_ss_slow_lane@Jun 18 2003, 01:15 AM
dam all this maaco talk is surprising me, my friend send his 88 monte ls to get painted there and they didnt do a good job at all. he needed a lot of body work though. do they do good body work at that maaco? the monte was painted black, then after he washed it (he let it cure) you were able to see water spots right on the paint job. after a year that paint looked nasty, and the bad part about it is that it looked like they didnt even touch the body before the painte, it had major dents in it.then the paint started to chip. i guess it all depends on tha state, and they charged him one g to do that paint job! he was mad
YOU GOTTA BRING YOUR OWN PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
as for bodywork its all in the employees :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
For you guys who took it to Macco... did you do your own body work as well, or did you let them do it??

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
i had most of the body work done before i took it there
i must admit, i didn't do a great job so i asked them to go over and fix any fuckups i left behind
they didn't do such a good job on the bodywork, but the paint is super nice .... probably because it's House Of Kolor
anyway, just do like wired 62 said.. take off all the trim and shit and you'll be ok
mine ain't perfect, but are there any truly flawless budget rides out there?

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
i took my car to macco, and what mo said is right, THEY SUCK ASS AT TAPING!!! there isnt a single peice of trim or weather stripping or light that doesnt have an outline the same color as the car.

the paint looks real good, but there is a couple runs in my clear :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: its not really obvious but its right there on my c pillar :angry: if you MUST go to macco then yeah do what wired said, or atleast tape it yourself.

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
luckily i put on the stock grill and had a brand new coming while it was being painted because there was paint on the grill TOO!! i think i would go back but do what wired said i never even thought of that.

·
0 Posts
Do the bodywork/gutting and outline tapeing all yourself, as well as bring your own paint..

sometimes they can be fussy about the bring your own paint part, but its normal :uh: I had a friends 83 Mustang done a Maaco, they did a good job :)

Justin

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
i used to work for Maaco i was there painter. when i was working for them thats all they had was me a good painter cause the paint is the worst shit you can put on your car.....its fucken single stage,,,,,who in the fuck single stages there lowrider if it an't a hopper?????LMAO...dame krazy....shit the paint only last about 2 years and you can tell off the bat that its single stage....you know how much maaco spends to paint one customers car?? $40.00 know u telling me your paying $800 and you getting $40.00 paint job....and it looks tight....shhhhhhhhhhhhhit hommie if it an't KANDY it
an't $HIT

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I dont even know why anyone would bother with Macco.....Yes, there may be some good painters there but the quality is not there by any means ( unless you know them personally ) -- Thats what they do - paint cars for cheap so people with sun faded/cracked shit can resell theyre cars faster & for a little extra $$$ ...... They dont fuck with body work unless you pay them extra ... If your already that cheap then you might as well do it your self with a Wagner.......Bring the car to a respectable painter, By the time they have your car already to go you should have been able to save enuff $$ to pay for it..........

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Jun 17 2003, 08:54 PM
, well I may bring my car there, and have them paint it, I DUNNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but remember, bring your own paint ;) :cool:
..The closest Macco you will find is over in S.Mpls I do believe...Your always changing your mind aint you ??? When I say we should hurry up & get some shit done you need to jump on the chance to do so .....Why ask me to help you out when you dont even show up? I borrowed that porta power unit & returned it because you didnt come down when I said to ....I had about 2 weeks there where your shit coulda got done & nothing happened .. You said that you didnt wanna drive your car down but then you come down late at night with a car full of peeps....Figure out where you wanna go with your lowrider .......** Im gonna make it into a magazine or a video **-- where will you be ?? Now everyone else in this town with a lo lo -- they aint planning to do shit with their cars .... Lavish was dedicated - where is he now ??? We helped him out to get his car done & we never really heard from him again ( I forgot - he called me to borrow my welder last week ) Grant dont care what happens to his car because its going down hill ..... Chris sold his car for a crotch rocket....You dropped yours for a S-10 , my brothers is sold ( that had a bad tranny ) , Well , I guess im the only one really left in the city of Duluth .. I cant believe it , This shit sucks !!!.........FUCK IT !!! IMMA SELL MY SHIT !!!!! Any one wanna make offers ??????

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
maaco uses shermin williams paint-they started out making house paint .they explained the new paint to me ,and with different additives you can make it basecoat ,single stage, or even bedliner coat all from the same toner can kinda cheap if ya thinks about it :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you wanna good job at a affordable price then call me! im the painter at phase 1 customs here in louisville.ask for steve (502)937-0556. im not as cheap as macco but i do give the quality your ride deserves!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you wanna good job at a affordable price then call me! im the painter at phase 1 customs here in louisville.ask for steve (502)937-0556. im not as cheap as macco but i do give the quality your ride deserves!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
maaco fuckin sucks peroid

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
MY BROTHER WORKS AT EARL SHEIB.....FOR A QUICK PAINT....ITS COOL ,LIKE YOUR FUCK AROUND HOOPTIE.....BUT LIKE THEY SAY ....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts