LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Chevy Cavalier with the 2.2L 4 cylinder engine in it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to troubleshoot the check engine light without putting it on the scope, and then if you had a rundown of what each code means so I know what to replace. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
909 Posts
on a 92 im not sure how to get the trouble codes, ive never owned anything that new. on older models i know you can short the right 2 terminals on the test harness and that will give em to you. you can get a cheap code reader at the parts store for like $25 and that also comes with a book explaining all the codes. or else go get your chiltons or haynes book and that will tell you how to get the codes and what they are.

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
If you have a local AutoZone parts house, go there, they can punch it up on the comp and even give you a print out. If you dont have one, I recommend a repair manual. If you plan on keeping this car, Id get a repair manual regardless. A repair manual will have all that info and make it a pice of cake. If you do get a manual, get a Haynes manual, not a Chiltons manual. Haynes are more complete. If you wanna go all out get a shop manual, but for what you want to do, a Haynes manul will do the job and be alot more cheaper. Oh, I just thought about it, If you go to www.autozone.com, you might be able to get info on how to pull up codes and get what the codes mean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts