LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
was looking pretty good until I saw those home theater-esque mid/tweet combos in the boxes sitting in the back... that kills the whole install

·
Registered
42 Posts
that shit is tight but you seriously need to do somethin 'bout thos mids maybe try makin them look like the're one piece with the sub enclosure

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
it doesnt make since to have a 3-way box...

the three way box is basically a high (tweet up top), mid (midbass driver in the center), and low (woofer at the bottom) system, but it cant serve a purpose being that you already have a true 3 way system (component sets up front and in the rear take care of the mids and highs and the subwoofers in the back take care of the low side of things)...

seems as if your sound may be a little off and unproportioned with all that...

-qs

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 4 2005, 06:44 PM~3751776
it doesnt make since to have a 3-way box...

the three way box is basically a high (tweet up top), mid (midbass driver in the center), and low (woofer at the bottom) system, but it cant serve a purpose being that you already have a true 3 way system (component sets up front and in the rear take care of the mids and highs and the subwoofers in the back take care of the low side of things)...

seems as if your sound may be a little off and unproportioned with all that...

-qs
note that they look like they can swivle........maybe he plans on throwing a few tailgate paries?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all of you for checking it out i really appreciate it.It is my vehicle and i did do the whole install myself . When i did the three way boxes i didnt think about how home style looking they would end up, probably will change them eventually. I was thinking about how cool it would be for them to be motorized,i designed it so i can cut those boxes and the ones in the doors off if i want just the front and rear diamonds for good sound quality,just put the three ways,and door speakers in for playing around like you said at a tail gate party or so. The boxes are motorized. They spin forward and backwards. I used a dc gear motor,mini stop switches,a main double pole double throw switch. 4-ball transfers on the bottom of the boxes help support the wieght.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by frppower@Sep 11 2005, 12:20 PM~3792949
Thanks to all of you for checking it out i really appreciate it.It is my vehicle and i did do the whole install myself . When i did the three way boxes i didnt think about how home style looking they would end up, probably will change them eventually. I was thinking about how cool it would be for them to be motorized,i designed it so i can cut those boxes and the ones in the doors off if i want just the front and rear diamonds for good sound quality,just put the three ways,and door speakers in for playing around like you said at a tail gate party or so. The boxes are motorized. They spin forward and backwards. I used a dc gear motor,mini stop switches,a main double pole double throw switch. 4-ball transfers on the bottom of the boxes help support the wieght.
good deal, nice work :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts