LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this diagram for a box I want to build for 2 18"s to go in my S10... I made it like this because I am tall and I have my seat pushed all the way back and reclined back as well... This does not leave alot of room for a big box and I do not want to go into the bed... I want to fire the subs down (so the cones won't be hitting the back of the seat) and make the box as a wall that curves up and flows along the roof for more air space inside the box... Check it out and tell me what you think... For the pros, I could use some input... Also, I'm not sure if this design should be ported or sealed... What do you guys think???...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well before I go into a shpiel, how much space do you have behind your seat and the cab wall?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
have you got the subs already ?? if not you may want to rethink it ... 18s require space if it was sealed or ported ..mostly like youd have to go sealed .. also i dont see a way to curve the wood upwards like you have it..less you are going on fiberglass..

let us know more

·
Registered
304 Posts
Let me rephrase that..How many inches do you have behind your seat and the cab wall? Im cramming a 9515e behind my seat in a reg cab pickup

·
Registered
267 Posts
Even if you know that this design will give you the proper airspace, I would still be greatly concerned about the structural integrity of the area that hangs over your head. I would suggest that you actually reinforce it with nothing less than steel for safety.
If you are really that tall where you need this kind of design, will you have enough headroom?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts