LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homies I need some help with changing my check valves. I'm new to hydraulics and would like to change my check valves myself instead of paying 150 in labor for a shop to do. I have tested them by lifting the car and closing the slow downs and the ride keeps dumping on its own. Like I said I'm new to this can somebody tell me exactly what I would need to do to change mine. Thanks in advance

·
over it
6,640 Posts
1.Dump car fully
2.Disconnect the lines from the pump that go out to the cylinders
3.Remove nuts from dump solenoid/valve and pull dump solenoid/valves off. This saves you from cutting the wires if there are no electrical plugs on them.
4.Loosen fitting below the T that the dump assembly is hooked to.
5.Remove dump assembly
6.Remove dump blocks from the T.
7.Remove checkvalves (they are the gold fittings between the T and dump block)
8.Replace bad checks and reassemble.

I hate those type of checks. It would be a worthy upgrade to switch to some Parkers.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help homie I'm going to try it in a couple days. Hate that shit I leave car up for a little come back to it and its all out of wack right rear down and driver side front doesnt stay up either :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
cylinders leaking?

do the checks that are drifting down

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Jan 17 2010, 06:58 PM~16319475
1.Dump car fully
2.Disconnect the lines from the pump that go out to the cylinders
3.Remove nuts from dump solenoid/valve and pull dump solenoid/valves off. This saves you from cutting the wires if there are no electrical plugs on them.
4.Loosen fitting below the T that the dump assembly is hooked to.
5.Remove dump assembly
6.Remove dump blocks from the T.
7.Remove checkvalves (they are the gold fittings between the T and dump block)
8.Replace bad checks and reassemble.

I hate those type of checks. It would be a worthy upgrade to switch to some Parkers.
x2 :biggrin:

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by rob-63ss@Jan 17 2010, 09:08 PM~16319591
thanks for the help homie I'm going to try it in a couple days. Hate that shit I leave car up for a little come back to it and its all out of wack right rear down and driver side front doesnt stay up either :biggrin:
Thats why I would upgade to some Parker checks. They are larger and flow much better as well as being a higher quality. Even when I buy a brand new kit I throw the ones like you have in the scrap bin. They are just crap. You'll need 4 extra fittings though if you go with some Parkers. Nothing fancy just 3/8"x 3/8" male NPT fittings.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Jan 17 2010, 09:06 PM~16320259
Thats why I would upgade to some Parker checks. They are larger and flow much better as well as being a higher quality. Even when I buy a brand new kit I throw the ones like you have in the scrap bin. They are just crap. You'll need 4 extra fittings though if you go with some Parkers. Nothing fancy just 3/8"x 3/8" male NPT fittings.
Thanks for the input really appreciate it ;)

·
over it
6,640 Posts
No problem. After you tear a pump down the first time you'll realize how easy it is and won't get pimped by a shop for future repairs. ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Jan 17 2010, 10:29 PM~16321520
No problem. After you tear a pump down the first time you'll realize how easy it is and won't get pimped by a shop for future repairs. ;)
and they do pimp lol....i myself dont like those 3/8 BB checks..they are a hit or miss deal..u can get lucky and get some years out of a set or they can take a shit on you in a month or less...ive replaced only 2 in 5 years and ive had the same 2 on my back pumps for the past 4 years now...when they finally give out i plan on replacing them cuz then ill re plumb the pump too so that the pressure doesnt run thru the dump no more like it does now

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by rob-63ss@Jan 18 2010, 09:36 PM~16332703
If I upgade to some Parker checks will I need to replace hoses on pump because of the extra lenght of the parker check valves?
no the hoses are bendable for the return side..you will only need extra fittings to adapt them to the T fitting and then to ur dump...just make sure u put them incorrectly, cuz if u put them in backwards, pump no lift...

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by rob-63ss@Jan 18 2010, 10:36 PM~16332703
If I upgade to some Parker checks will I need to replace hoses on pump because of the extra lenght of the parker check valves?
The way most installs are done there will be enough slack in the line to reach another 4 inches. You may need to ull some back from underneath the car worse case.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by OUTHOPU@Jan 18 2010, 09:48 PM~16332899
The way most installs are done there will be enough slack in the line to reach another 4 inches. You may need to ull some back from underneath the car worse case.
cool you know a good spot to order check valves from is there different colors(finishes)? And the fittings can I just get at a hardware store?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts