LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what im wondering is if the regular 3/8 check valves come apart with a flat head screw driver?
what im wanting to do is to take it apart pull the spring to make it a bit stronger and put it all back together and solve the problem.
thanks for any helpful replys.

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by liquid_202mo@Oct 11 2003, 02:34 PM
what im wondering is if the regular 3/8 check valves come apart with a flat head screw driver?
what im wanting to do is to take it apart pull the spring to make it a bit stronger and put it all back together and solve the problem.
Pulling the spring will not make it stronger, in the long run it will make the spring tension lower and eventually fail. If you are using the male to male nipple style 3/8 checks, I highly recommend that you buy the black deltrol checks, its been a few years but I think the part number is CMN-1250, but that is probably wrong, like I said its been awhile. But they are the ones that have a snap ring on the end where the spring and ball goes. Keep in mind that all the ball style check valves arent as good as the piston style check valves like Adex and Parker.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Oct 11 2003, 11:45 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Oct 11 2003, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--liquid_202mo@Oct 11 2003, 02:34 PM
Pulling the spring will not make it stronger, in the long run it will make the spring tension lower and eventually fail. If you are using the male to male nipple style 3/8 checks, I highly recommend that you buy the black deltrol checks, its been a few years but I think the part number is CMN-1250, but that is probably wrong, like I said its been awhile. But they are the ones that have a snap ring on the end where the spring and ball goes. Keep in mind that all the ball style check valves arent as good as the piston style check valves like Adex and Parker.[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am planning on running Parker 3/8 checks(and slowdowns, but thats besides the point) on my setup, as all of my fittings and ports will be 3/8... I am going to Tee off my dumps for better flow to the cylinders...

My question is, will I benefit from running 1/2 check valves with reducers in my setup? The reason I say that is, I figure the 1/2 check will give me a bit less of a "bottleneck" in my setup....

Any help or advice would be great! Sorry if I kinda hijacked this thread, but the title seemed fitting for my question...

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
only think is max flow ... you should have same pressure but 3/8 fittings are only about 1/4"thru so ... going to half inch checks wont do much good less you tee it after the check...

but thats my opinion anyways

1 - 6 of 6 Posts