LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup my fellow air riders :uh:

anyways i need to know what is the best check valve out a very very very very (VERY) air tight like a virgin.
what is on the market and where can i get it?
is there anything better than ball check valves?
i heard piston check valve what is ?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I prefer ball type checks myself, I've seen the piston style get caught up and stick inside the body... although they do seal a little better than the balls..

my cheap little 10 dollar brass check I bought has held 170psi in my tank since I disassembled ecerything back in September, so I'd say its pretty tight..

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 15 2004, 03:09 PM
I prefer ball type checks myself, I've seen the piston style get caught up and stick inside the body... although they do seal a little better than the balls..

my cheap little 10 dollar brass check I bought has held 170psi in my tank since I disassembled ecerything back in September, so I'd say its pretty tight..
who it made by

let me guess parker

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 15 2004, 03:23 PM
not parker, I;ll have to look and see
cool dan so brass check are good i got two brass checks 1/2" i have 2 new checks but it seems like air gets through does the pressure afect how good they hold like if i was at like 10 psi would air seep through and if i was at 150 would pressure hold it closed

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 15 2004, 03:55 PM
ya, the more pressure on the check, the better it will seal, due to the force being applied to the ball
you better hope so or else i have waisted my time ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes, like Dan said, stick with balls. Swing checks and "piston" checks do tend to stick when there's a lot of back pressure for long periods of time.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Yo JOE!

I have been using Deltrol for the last two years and they have give me no problems whatsoever.Deltrol is a ball check.

Check them out. :cool:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Jan 15 2004, 04:55 PM
Yo JOE!

I have been using Deltrol for the last two years and they have give me no problems whatsoever.Deltrol is a ball check.

i see there is a distributer in town i might have to go check it out

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by joebomber52+Jan 15 2004, 08:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joebomber52 @ Jan 15 2004, 08:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SIXONEFORLIFE@Jan 15 2004, 04:55 PM
Yo JOE!

i see there is a distributer in town i might have to go check it out[/b][/quote]
;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts