LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does someone have a pic of where a check valve would be.....I am fairly new to hydros, so here is what I learned the back of my car keeps falling after I hit the switch to bring it up, so I closed the slow down vavle, lifted the car and it still dropped, so it's probably the check vavle, I went on showtimes website I know what it looks like, but better safe than sorry does anyone have a pic with a check vavle just to make sure that I am taking off and cleaning the right part????

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
is it double dumps or single?
if double: there will be a T on each side of that T are check valves

if single, it depends what the plumbing is. you post a pic and someone can cirle it for you

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
yes!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by smokinowboy@Sep 7 2005, 07:36 AM~3767878
does someone have a pic of where a check valve would be.....I am fairly new to hydros, so here is what I learned the back of my car keeps falling after I hit the switch to bring it up, so I closed the slow down vavle, lifted the car and it still dropped, so it's probably the check vavle, I went on showtimes website I know what it looks like, but better safe than sorry does anyone have a pic with a check vavle just to make sure that I am taking off and cleaning the right part????

checks all look different. The higher quality checks are square like, and im sure someone has pics of them, and I have even seen brass checks for 6000 PSI (I know that doesnt right, i thought so also) and if they are old reds blocks sometimes the checks can be integrated into the block assembly. So its hard telling, post a pic homie

·
Registered
14,730 Posts

The check valve is what is within the red square

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
From what i can tell the red is the check vavle in your case and the other in blue is jsut a fitting from the dump to the slow down

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by smokinowboy@Sep 7 2005, 11:40 AM~3769462
so which one is the check vavle, blue or red circle?
The red circle is your check but how old is the setup? If that is your setup, those should not be leaking back. Those are some better quality checks and you may have to clean the entire inside of the pump and change the oil also. That is what I would do just to make sure it does not happen again. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 7 2005, 11:44 AM~3768640
GOOD CHECKS RIGHT HERE  :biggrin:
beautiful :cool:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the check vavle is not leaking, right now if I hit the switch to bring the rear up, it comes up, but will sink on the passenger side within 5 minutes, now if I close the slow down vavle, the car still goes down but it takes a little longer

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by smokinowboy@Sep 7 2005, 07:01 PM~3771623
the check vavle is not leaking, right now if I hit the switch to bring the rear up, it comes up, but will sink on the passenger side within 5 minutes, now if I close the slow down vavle, the car still goes down but it takes a little longer
no leaks anywhere?.....if youve closed the slowdown and it still drops that leaves to things....bad check valve or an external leak...unless you have 2 things that have gone to shit at the same time being your dump and slowdown but thats unlikely

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.