LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm if you're searching for HOK flakes it will show up in that search. Some call it creative marketing not dishonesty. As you notice when you get to the page is states clearly what the item is and never mentions HOk or an other overpriced flake in the description. As a fellow painter I thought I'd offer the same flake for less to other fellow painters with better and faster service/support than any others. :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah. I got pearls too. Just mix in a a teaspoon per pint of clear and you get way better depth and suspension than any pearl paint on the market. When pearls are mixed in the actual paint they lose their brilliance or sparkle because the paint is not 100% transparent. I've been doing this for a minute, btw. About 17 years since I first picked up an airbrush. Airborne, this should be your avatar :0 lmao

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree and they're reasonably priced. I've shot flakes from almost everyone and I noticed they're all basically the same stuff (mirror finished polyester, metalized film, epoxy coated, solvent and water resistant flakes). I just needed large quantities for cheaper than anybody would offer, for fiberglass composites, so I went into the business with Bling metal flake. It's good shit, without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
the white pearl bling metal flake, is that like ice pearl??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by streetking@Jan 19 2009, 10:33 PM~12756094
Let me check into that. I know they have an ice which is a clear glass. The white pearl I have is a pearl flake where HOk ice is a clear glass.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by streetking@Jan 19 2009, 10:33 PM~12756094
The HOKS ice pearls are glass flake that are transluscent. Bling's White Pearl flake is opaque as most metalflake is but with a pearlescent finish.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by ltfourman@Jan 20 2009, 03:08 AM~12752760
Umm if you're searching for HOK flakes it will show up in that search. Some call it creative marketing not dishonesty. As you notice when you get to the page is states clearly what the item is and never mentions HOk or an other overpriced flake in the description.  As a fellow painter I thought I'd offer the same flake for less to other fellow painters with better and faster service/support than any others.  :cool:

i guess i will have to "read" my competition a little better....... :biggrin:

i have been experimenting with my own brand of flake if i ever get the chance to get it off the ground....... :cool:

the fiberglass boat companies are the best! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
If its not made by Germans I dont buy it, because you know Germans make good stuff.

Dont need to experiment with any BlingWow flakes....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts