LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GLASSHOUSE RIDER
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if you guys think this is a good deal. Someone is selling me a complete Chevy 350 engine with a 700R tranny, that came out of a 87 4 door Caprice Classic for $600.00 bucks. The engine is complete. Distributor,starter,ac blower, carburator, everything is on it. The car was owned by an old man(first owner). Any input will be highlly appreciate it. :cool:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Was it pulled running? If so 600 is fair, you could get the whole car for about the same price but you dont have to hassle with pulling the engine/trans out though. If the engine was still running good and the trans is still good, then :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,520 Posts

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
I agree, get the numbers off the block and run them to be sure. Luckily by 87 the 700R4 had the larger spline so it should be stronger then the earlier 700s. $600 is fair if its under 100k...not a great deal but not grossly overpriced. Only because you are getting all the brackets/pulleys etc. Because a rebuilt 350 is $699 at most parts stores but the 700 is rather expesive in the $600+? range rebuilt (compared to $399 for aTH350) so overall not too bad.

·
GLASSHOUSE RIDER
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I was doing a little research on these engines and trannys, and i'm having some doubts. I have a Oldsmobile with a 307 in it and it has never really given me any problems, i've had the car for about 5 years and the only thing i've ever done was the routine tune-ups, nothing major. I think i'm just going to stick with my 307, no need to change it if it has never given me problems, sure it's a little slow some times, but that's coo.

·
GLASSHOUSE RIDER
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by harborareaPhil@Aug 2 2005, 01:01 AM
:cool: the trannys on those caprices always go out...so if it was an old man..it might of been rebuilt recenlty...
:biggrin: yo smurf...u go to pharoahs show?...
[snapback]3525839[/snapback]​
Naaw Homie, it was my Ladys only day off so we went out instead. Good looking out on the tranny advice. I think i'll just stick with my 307. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts