LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am debating weather to install a chevy 454 or a oldsmobile 455 in my 1981 cadillac diesel coupe deville... from what i understand the olds motor will bolt in much easier.... which would be my best bet to put in my cadillac? which would be the easiest to tune up on a budget? is the chevy motor easier to get performance parts for? would it be hard to mount the 454 in my coupe?

·
18,723 Posts
why do you want a big block? You can get alot of power out of a small block and save space. Of course the chevy motor will have more performance and dress up options along with more info on the web to help you along. Dont pick a motor just because one will bolt on the frame easier, you can always weld the motor mounts on or drill new holes

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats the weight differeance?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
between sbc and bbc?

·
18,723 Posts
around 200lbs depending on the accessories. aluminum heads and intake make a difference so you could go all steel sbc to bbc with aluminum accessories and wouldnt gain a whole lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by jtheshowstoppper@May 24 2011, 01:49 PM~20619496
yeah if you want a bb why not use a 472 or 500 to match caddy
+1 why waste time because of *familiar motor talk* "I gots me a 454 r a rocket 455" = gay statement - unless you do the work that was put in to making it happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts