LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a freind of mine purchased some long water pump pulleys in chrome for my motor as a gift, but they dont fit. why??? i know i have a long water pump. its an 1989 chevy corvette block, i actually replaced the waterpump with another brand new stock water pump. the bottom pulley which is the crank pulley seems so long that even if i get the top pulley that doesnt fit to fit,, the belt grooves will not match. the top pulley doesnt fit over the center hole. any help??? thanks guys!

heres a pic

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If you got a water pump for a corvette. the shaft on it will be bigger then a non corvette water pump.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
FROM HERE IT LOOKS LIKE A SHORT PUMP NOT A LONG. NO BIGGIE, JUST BUY A NEW PUMP :cool:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so u guys think its a short water pump?? i could have sworn i bought a long,, but i am positive that it was the stock pump i bought! i dont know,, yea maybe i will try different pulleys, u think its suppose to be a long water pump???? on or is it how can i tell??

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by daoriginator64@Nov 5 2007, 07:46 PM~9163523
so u guys think its a short water pump??  i could have sworn i bought a long,, but i am positive that it was the stock pump i bought!  i dont know,, yea maybe i will try different pulleys,  u think its suppose to be a long water pump???? on  or is it how can i tell??
It does look short in the pics. Post a couple more pics of it.

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 5 2007, 09:55 PM~9163613
It does look short in the pics.  Post a couple more pics of it.

x2

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It totally looks like a short water pump in the pictures.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if you can get your fingers in between the back of the water pump and the timing chain cover, then it's a long pump. If you cant, then it's a short pump.

:cool:

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Nov 6 2007, 01:28 PM~9168598
if you can get your fingers in between the back of the water pump and the timing chain cover, then it's a long pump.  If you cant, then it's a short pump.

:cool:
Cool, I learned something new. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts