LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Heres what im looking to do, its a 1985 Chevy S-10 Rear wheel drive, and I want to install a nice clean 2 pump 4 battery setup with Accums. Now My problem isnt setting up the pumps batts or any of that, my prob right now is in which direction I would like to take doing the rear suspension, now there where two things I was thinking, Coil Over with a bridge or the old traditional way which is working off of the LeafSpring. Now im kinda confused on what better to do for my situation I didint really want to cut the bed of my truck out I just want to go up and down simple. I did see a diagram from Prohopper on how to do this and was wondering if anyone had a link to it. I looked on Prohoppers site and they no longer have that info. Now I would like someones suggestion on how to do this and whats the best way. Also would I have to take out some leafs on the truck if I wanted a lower stance in the rear with a coil over? If someone would help id appreciate it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this setup right here and need to know whats the best way to get a nice lowered stance all I have in the rear are Lowering Blocks that sit pretty low but when I put the cylinders in the rear will it change anything like change the stance?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I know about the s-10 chassy , because of owning one and working on them . And i know that the chassy's are real weak. I recomend at least boxing the c section part of the frame . That prohopper diagram would work good for you to get started.. a 4 link would be much better than leaf apring though. Cause i started mine like that.. I did a coil over- bridge though, with the mono leaf . But i also cut the center section of the bed out. I welded the c channel to the c notch i put in the frame. Im sure that leaf spring setup would be what your lookin for.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Now the lower brackets they just get bolted to the leaf? And the cylinder gets bolted to that bracket?

Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 19 2005, 07:42 AM~3656272
I know about the s-10 chassy , because of owning one and working on them . And i know that the chassy's are real weak.  I recomend at least boxing the c section part of the  frame .  That prohopper diagram would work good for you to get started..  a 4 link would be much better than leaf apring though. Cause i started mine like that.. I did a coil over- bridge though, with the mono leaf .  But i also cut the center section of the bed out. I welded the c channel to the c notch i put in the frame.  Im sure that leaf spring setup would be what your lookin for.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
nah i think the plate bolts to the leaf. the cylinder screws to that, then there is a c bracket the cylinder passes through Welded on to the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I highly recommend you reinforce the rear frame, as someone already mentioned that the s10 C-frame is very weak. My truck had a c-notch, and with the flexing of 3 wheeling, I cracked the frame on both sides right by the c-notch. :(
Since, I've had the frame boxed in from the back of the cab, all the way back.

The cylinders on my ride are also mounted on the side of the frame, as I did not want to cut the inside of the bed either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help! I really needed to know how things went before I started on this thing, I really dont want to cut my bed so ill do it with the cylinders mounted on the side.

Originally posted by cruize1@Aug 19 2005, 08:05 AM~3656359
I highly recommend you reinforce the rear frame, as someone already mentioned that the s10 C-frame is very weak.  My truck had a c-notch, and with the flexing of 3 wheeling, I cracked the frame on both sides right by the c-notch.  :(
Since, I've had the frame boxed in from the back of the cab, all the way back.

The cylinders on my ride are also mounted on the side of the frame, as I did not want to cut the inside of the bed either.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by Pycho611@Aug 19 2005, 08:36 AM~3656467
Thanks for the help! I really needed to know how things went before I started on this thing, I really dont want to cut my bed so ill do it with the cylinders mounted on the side.
No problem.... I'll see if I have some pics.. to post on here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts