LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading about this shit in another post, i really caught interest to this... does this shit really work better than welding the frame... is this shit hard to get inside the frame? how does this work???
all help needed because i am interested in this

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
link

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's a flowable epoxy grout. I presume you wish to fill your frame with this?

It has a compressive strength of approximately 4 times that of concrete, but I am not sure how heavy it is.

Sounds interresting though. Basically you'd be driving with a solid frame.

Chris

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i assume it would be a solid frame which would be extremely strong.. but how does this shit work? is it liquid or like cement kind of shit? how would you be able to evenly fill the frame with this stuff...
it is in the post called Secrets or somethin.. a recent one...

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
This stuff sounds great, but is it really a feasible alternative. I am definitly interested. Is there anyone that has actually used this stuff successfully, and if so is there an issue with additional weight? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Even if it was a good alternative to steel reinforcement it wouldn't be worth the effort trying to fill your frame with it..

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
after thinking about it I don't see how that stuff would keep the front frame ears from ripping off since it would be inside the frame... :0 it wold stiffen the frame put some forces on the frame can stiff pull the frame apart..? :dunno:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
the frame still is weak, itd prolly would get air bubbles in it and not fill totally up, un less you dunked the bitch in a tank of it

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are a bunch of types of this shit.. like red, red sg, grey, blue, how do you know which would be the best??? also, who says you gota fill your frame with it, im sure it would be easy and would work just as well and would weigh a lot less if you painted it in a thick coat all over the frame...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
come on guys!!!! i cant believe youall are concidering this ........the time it would take to fill all the holes finish boxing the frame reroute all the gas/brake lines reinforce all the OTHER stress points.then get the frame verticaly pour the shit in .............just to say i got concrete in my frame... you will get no respect.....my opinion it is ghetto just my .02

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
and lets face it, Boxing the frame is what gives it its strength in the first place. you're only trying to prevent flex !

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
safer alternatives to running a leaded frame?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well even used for the frame or not wouldnt this shit make a great quarter panel reinforcement

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
i still wrap my frames in saran wrap (the clear colorful ones)

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by caranto@Jul 26 2005, 02:43 PM
come on guys!!!! i cant believe youall are concidering this ........the time it would take to fill all the holes finish boxing the frame reroute all the gas/brake lines reinforce all the OTHER stress points.then get the frame verticaly pour the shit in .............just to say i got concrete in my frame... you  will get no respect.....my opinion it is ghetto  just my .02
[snapback]3480919[/snapback]​

if you fill the frame with this you don't have to box the frame.........

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Jul 29 2005, 07:01 PM
if you fill the frame with this you don't have to box the frame.........
[snapback]3506672[/snapback]​
but you'll have to figure out how to keep it from pouring out of the frame while it hardens.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts