LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attemped to drive my van today but it wouldnt move.I looked around and found a puddle under the front of the vehicle(nowhere near the tranny).I then pulled the dipstick and it was empty,So i added a few quarts guess where it went to the RADIATOR(i opened the cap thats how i know).Pulled the stick again and its empty again.I let the car run for about 20min with the radiator cap off it just over flowed with what i call chocolate milk.I then checked the engine oil (its clean no mixture).So what the fuck is going on.It is a grand voyager 97. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
the trans cooler is part of the radiator, its prob bad. replace the radiator and pray it didnt fuck anythingn else up.....

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Nov 15 2008, 03:51 PM~12166010
the trans cooler is part of the radiator, its prob bad. replace the radiator and pray it didnt fuck anythingn else up.....
GOOD LOOKIN OUT BRO (I hope it didnt Fuck anything else up)

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe@Nov 15 2008, 01:51 PM~12166010
x2 replace the radiator and go from there.

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 15 2008, 04:14 PM~12166106
x2 replace the radiator and go from there.
IM startin to get a good vibe about this.THanks (ragtop Ted)

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Tyrone@Nov 15 2008, 04:19 PM~12166118
Blown head gasket.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

·
18,283 Posts
Your post is a little confusing. When I first read it, I thought it was the engine oil that was low. After reading it a couple times, I realized it was the tranny oil. Other people might be a little confused also, and think it was the engine oil that was empty.

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 15 2008, 03:25 PM~12166143
Your post is a little confusing.  When I first read it, I thought it was the engine oil that was low.  After reading it a couple times, I realized it was the tranny oil.  Other people might be a little confused also, and think it was the engine oil that was empty.
:thumbsup:

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Nov 15 2008, 04:25 PM~12166143
Your post is a little confusing.  When I first read it, I thought it was the engine oil that was low.  After reading it a couple times, I realized it was the tranny oil.  Other people might be a little confused also, and think it was the engine oil that was empty.
Nope engine oil is perfect!Trans fluid is gettin into the radiator.Radiator smells of trans fluid and is a pinkish milky color.

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked the oil because i was thinkin it was the head gasket but the oil is fine.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
If you dont want the expense/ hassle of replacing the radiator, then buy an aftermarket trans cooler from the parts store and install it. That will bypass the busted trans cooler thats in your radiator.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by youcantfademe+Nov 15 2008, 03:51 PM~12166010-->
[/b]
That's definately it homie, trans oil cooler is in the radiator. Disconnect trans cooler lines, flush cooling system, install new radiator, fill with coolant, and either top off trans with fluid or pull the pan off and replace filter/gasket/fluid if it's been awhile. ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-Tyrone
@Nov 15 2008, 04:19 PM~12166118
Blown head gasket.
Nope, that would be coolant and oil mixed.

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Nov 15 2008, 05:01 PM~12166320
If you dont want the expense/ hassle of replacing the radiator, then buy an aftermarket trans cooler from the parts store and install it.  That will bypass the busted trans cooler thats in your radiator.
thanks homie

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Nov 15 2008, 05:24 PM~12166434
That's definately it homie, trans oil cooler is in the radiator.  Disconnect trans cooler lines, flush cooling system, install new radiator, fill with coolant, and either top off trans with fluid or pull the pan off and replace filter/gasket/fluid if it's been awhile. ;) 
Nope, that would be coolant and oil mixed.
thanks cash

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
my car is doing the same shit, waiting for a price quote on a new one :cool:

·
SS CENTRAL EL PRESIDENTE
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by TwistedDreamz87@Nov 15 2008, 05:41 PM~12166518
my car is doing the same shit, waiting for a price quote on a new one :cool:
U got trans fluid in your radiator 2 ?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Originally posted by mr1987@Nov 15 2008, 05:48 PM~12166572
U got trans fluid in your radiator 2 ?
yup, its common in old cars. its the trans cooler like they said above, u just have to get a new radiator.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts