LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one of the following, and i need your opinions on which are the best not as far as sound quality (well, obivously slightly) but as far as hurting bass...:

1) Orion H2
2) XXX
3) Treo CSX

remember this is for a 1980 cadillac, and i wasn't satisfied AT ALLS with my two 15" W3s in the trunk, i need a whole lot more bass than that. i'm about to cut out (my friend's hooking me up) a hole behind my back seat arm-rest (a hole to the trunk) and remove the insulation and stuff from behind the back seat... that should help it out a lot i hope...

any suggestions/ideas?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but doesn't SPL mean Sound Pressure Level? and isn't the Sound Pressure Level what makes the chest hurt, the head ache, etc.? because that's all i want, but remember the subs aren't going to be in the cab, they're going to be in the sealed off trunk... and i want bass not in the trunk, but in the cab too ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Nov 3 2003, 05:41 PM
but doesn't SPL mean Sound Pressure Level? and isn't the Sound Pressure Level what makes the chest hurt, the head ache, etc.? because that's all i want, but remember the subs aren't going to be in the cab, they're going to be in the sealed off trunk... and i want bass not in the trunk, but in the cab too ;)
There's a difference between SPL and loud daily-driving pounding.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Nov 3 2003, 07:41 PM
Instead of cutting away at your seat back, why don't you just port the box through two holes in the rear deck. Then just seal it up around that port really good with foam and shit. That way you will have NO bass in your trunk.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I would say some DD subs, shocker, mmatts juggernaut, ED sp15 if you can find one, Stroker. But these are mostly spl and will not sound the best for daily driving. Maybe jeremyD has some more to add to this list.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Nov 4 2003, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Nov 4 2003, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Stealth@Nov 3 2003, 07:41 PM
but doesn't SPL mean Sound Pressure Level?  and isn't the Sound Pressure Level what makes the chest hurt, the head ache, etc.?  because that's all i want, but remember the subs aren't going to be in the cab, they're going to be in the sealed off trunk... and i want bass not in the trunk, but in the cab too ;)
Instead of cutting away at your seat back, why don't you just port the box through two holes in the rear deck. Then just seal it up around that port really good with foam and shit. That way you will have NO bass in your trunk.[/b][/quote]
because that'll mean that not only will i have to get rid of my 6x9s, but the bass out of the port will be extremely distorted, and from what i've heard won't be as good.

how do L7s compare to the three subs i mentioned in my top post?

Orion H2s, L7s, XXX, or Tro CSX

·
Registered
584 Posts
Originally posted by 91lacdeville@Nov 4 2003, 04:03 PM
I would say some DD subs, shocker, mmatts juggernaut, ED sp15 if you can find one, Stroker. But these are mostly spl and will not sound the best for daily driving. Maybe jeremyD has some more to add to this list.
The ED eSP15 is discontinued (I believe available only by special order), but if you can find one, they are awesome for daily-driving. The MMATS and DD subwoofers are more orientated for SPL, but can still work great for daily-pounding.

It's pretty hard to find Shockers these days (has been hard for a while). Mike (owner of Shocker) was at dB Drag Finals. You can still get Shocker subwoofers and re-cone kits at DownTown Sounds.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Originally posted by 6PacMac@Nov 4 2003, 03:59 AM
why doesnt ne one prefer JL W7's....just one 10" hits hard as fuck....now imagine 2 13's
b/c of what you get for what you pay, as opposed to the actual cost involved in making the speaker which is relatively cheap for JL. Like Chucks over Airforce 1's ;)

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Nov 4 2003, 06:36 PM
because that'll mean that not only will i have to get rid of my 6x9s, but the bass out of the port will be extremely distorted, and from what i've heard won't be as good.

how do L7s compare to the three subs i mentioned in my top post?

Orion H2s, L7s, XXX, or Tro CSX
rear fill is over-rated.

And if you make the port big enough, there won't be a problem with distortion. And it will actually be better if you do it right. I would much rather have a cabin full of deep bass than a trunk full of rattles.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Nov 5 2003, 04:15 AM
venting it would help would it not?
I think they did a tech article in LRM about it. By porting it through the rear deck, you will get 100% of the bass in the cabin of the vehicle. No bass would be lost to rattles in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
in my accord tha trunk is sealed and i still get a ton of bass in tha cabin and out tha window and 3 blocks down :biggrin: . and then i took tha 6x9s out cuz i didnt use em and tha subs were poundin tha shit out of them even when they werent on. but takin tha 6x9s out didnt make a big difference there waz just a bit more deeper bass commin in tha car wit less rattles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts