LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im back up in here well here gos i just got this 83 coupe de ville hard top but i want to a Cadillac Convertible for spring break dose anyone know how to chop the top on this big baby an is there a top kit for this model that black one in LRM is hot an thats what i want HOLLA BACK ASAP

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
or a good angle grinder...thats gonna be alot of work man..i suggest taking that somewhere for real...especially if your top is going to actually convert into the trunk

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
if you can do it or find some one to chop top off make lighter one out of fiber glass and you can take it off leave it in the garage or take it out in the rain

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a choped 41 ford. Me and my father have been building it for over 2 years now and it still isnt half way complete. Basicly there is NO kits to chop tops. Basicly get a jig saw and start cuting..... then weld it back to gether......

If i knew how mutch of a pain this would be, i would of bought a convertable and built a cavis top to make it look like it was choped.... That or totaly build a different car.........

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by newrider@Oct 4 2003, 09:21 AM
well im back up in here well here gos i just got this 83 coupe de ville hard top but i want to a Cadillac Convertible for spring break dose anyone know how to chop the top on this big baby an is there a top kit for this model that black one in LRM is hot an thats what i want HOLLA BACK ASAP
are you talking about making a convertable or chopping the top, because they are two very different things. a chop top is when you lower the roof line, not cutting off the roof, and it is alot more work than just simply cutting off the roof to make a convertable. from what it sounds like i think you are talking about a removable hard top, like on a MG or a little roadster

and btw rat rodder, rat rods are just bad ass, keep up the good work

·
Registered
311 Posts
a light wieght frame with canvas cover would look nice when on the car. you could make it look like a true conv. top without the hassle of makin the thing fold up, just take off frame and all

i dunno just throwin out ideas

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by BennyFuckinBlanco@Oct 13 2003, 11:53 AM
how many times are we gonna have this topic. I love it. I think you better take that to somebody to do. And i think a 66 Impala vert rack fits perfectly. ;)
what do u mean by, "a 66 impala vert rack fits perfectly"?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts