LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHO HAS CHOP TOP A G-BODY? WHAT REINFORCE WAS DONE. I AM TRYING TO GET A IDEA HOW TO REINFORCE MY FRAME.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
well my buddy just chopped the top off of his 85 cutlass. and the mistake he made was no welding square tubing inside of the car. for the fact that the doors have a big gap right were they shut, and reinforce a lot in the middle of the frame.........

but if it were me, I would just weld the doors shut and shave everything...

·
Registered
96 Posts
i choped my regal and all i did is took out the body mounts from the back and but them metal 1x1 biger then the mount ?and my doors are perfect

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
Originally posted by STRCLOWNINREGAL@Dec 4 2003, 09:18 AM
WHERE INSIDE DO YOU WELD THE SQUARE TUBING TO ?
you weld them from driver to passenger............then from front to back, and anywere else you think it needs it......

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
we got this one and we swangin almost every day just make sure you put a full wrap frame!! limeregal305 are you from dade county??

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
im gettin ready to chop my top off in about a week or so... but my chassis is fully wrapped top bottom n sides and ima put alluminum mounts.... and hey gringo... have u heard of that montana clear?... is it any good?...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i never used it so i dont kno ..i havent seen that lime gold regal in a while you doing it for show ? holla at me if you need any parts or any thing just pm me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts