LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by Purpura Delujo@Nov 15 2003, 06:04 PM
I got a tutorial in a magazine about chop top pickups, are you doing a truck or car?
i have that artical... when you have basicly a long roof like a wagon,, cut the roof in 4 sections.... then put a t peice where you cut(basicly extending the roof to meet the pillers) Thats how you chop a truck/wagon..

To chop a fat fender car... its totaly based on math... which im not getting into....

I choped a real car. a 41 ford business coupe... Im taking what i learned in real life, and applying it to models, hence: the 39 chevy im choppin..

Then you have to worrie about bondo.. Uhhh :uh: :uh: .. better off not chopping it at all...

^final stage of bondo

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car i wana find something like a 51 mercury or 54 chevy like jesse james has

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm choppin the top on a little S10 Blazer.... I took a piece of fineline tape about 3/8th's wide or something, and wrapped it all the way around the car, about two thirds of the way up, on the pillars, then hacked it on both sides of the tape with a dremel cutoff wheel. Then once I had the top off, I split it once longways, and twice crossways, and added material in, to get it to match the pillars again. ...Still got the forward 2 roof pieces of roof to glue in yet.... It can kind of be a bitch sometimes to get em positioned right . wonder if some kind of jig would be the deal to hold em?, hmmm
Would post a pic of the progress, if I can ever figure out how to post em up.....Hey, will it work if I use yahoo briefcase, and link it to there?...does anybody else use yahoo briefcase, and do it like that?

·
Registered
187 Posts
That looks badass the way you stretched that mutha !! ...freakin cool !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
cuts and fills

Last edited by Soggydoggie at Nov 21 2003, 07:51 AM

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by Rat Rodder+Nov 15 2003, 07:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Rodder @ Nov 15 2003, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo@Nov 15 2003, 06:04 PM
I got a tutorial in a magazine about chop top pickups, are you doing a truck or car?
i have that artical... when you have basicly a long roof like a wagon,, cut the roof in 4 sections.... then put a t peice where you cut(basicly extending the roof to meet the pillers) Thats how you chop a truck/wagon..

To chop a fat fender car... its totaly based on math... which im not getting into....

I choped a real car. a 41 ford business coupe... Im taking what i learned in real life, and applying it to models, hence: the 39 chevy im choppin..

Then you have to worrie about bondo.. Uhhh :uh: :uh: .. better off not chopping it at all...

^final stage of bondo[/b][/quote]
after you bondo it, how do you sand it..cuz my shit always gets scratched up

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by trikeboy666+Nov 16 2003, 09:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trikeboy666 @ Nov 16 2003, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Rat [email protected] 15 2003, 07:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Purpura Delujo
@Nov 15 2003, 06:04 PM

^final stage of bondo
after you bondo it, how do you sand it..cuz my shit always gets scratched up[/b][/quote]
I usally use 60 grit to take off the x cess bondo, then 230 to clean it up, then 410 to make it smooth for paint...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Cruizin´Kev@Nov 16 2003, 06:58 AM
check out mine:

for this one did you cut the roof in half then cut pieces out where you were taking the top out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts