LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a1963 impala that the top was cut to make it a convertable. i am not sure why you would do it but they did and i was curious to see if anybody knew if it could be repaired back to original? I know you can probably find another top and weld it on, but interested in seeing who else has don it and how much i am looking to spend..thanks

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Yeah it can be done. We do it all the time here at work with newer cars that have rolled over... As far as price I would expect to pay $800 to $2000 for somebody else to do it. You could do it with the tools for probally less than $200

·
Registered
967 Posts
what about buying and adding a convertible top.

where do you get them and how hard is it to do.

cobra

·
Registered
967 Posts
does anyone do this work in texas

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Originally posted by chaff123@Nov 18 2008, 11:15 AM~12190289
I am thinking about getting a1963 impala that the top was cut to make it a convertable. i am not sure why you would do it but they did and i was curious to see if anybody knew if it could be repaired back to original? I know you can probably find another top and weld it on, but interested in seeing who else has don it and how much i am looking to spend..thanks
If you are thinking of buying it, inspect the rear body mounts and check the body to see that the rear is not sagging bad as the top plays a big structural part.

Deff can be repaired as I dealt with the same issue in getting a chop top car and getting a top put back on...

$800-$2000 sounds about right as Big Tony mentioned.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Originally posted by cobrakarate@Nov 30 2008, 01:53 PM~12294686
does anyone do this work in texas
What part of texas are you in? If you are near Houston or willing to drive there I might be able get ahold of homie who did mine. Great work, everything lined up perfect!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts