LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an olds 350 in this 78 cutty, I was gonna scrap the engine for a chevy, cuz I want' buy all the chrome accessories (intake, brakets, valve covers, pulleys, fuel pumps...etc).....But this Olds motor is strong as fuck, it'd be a waste to scrap it. Is there anywhere to buy olds chrome parts??? :dunno:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try eBay.. When I do a search for Oldsmobile 350, I find al sorts of stuff. Like Chome valve covers- $10, Chrome Oil Pan- $39, Valve and air cover $59, ect... Didn't spend time there much and didn't look at anything close, might try a search for Olds 350... Also, I believe the Olds and Pontiac was the same do a search for Pontiac 350 and Pont 350 as well and see what you find.

The other way would be to send out the parts you want chromed to a shop. Then reinstall them when you get it back.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Trans-dapt (td performance)allways has chrome for different motors try them. Not the best stuff in the world but it does the job

·
Registered
807 Posts
try summit. i dont know if its summit or summit racing. or you could go to an auto parts store(not auto zone)and ask them if they can get some shit for you, they more than likely can. and youll save on shipping. sometimes they can get shit in the same day or in a couple days.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
i would get the ones you have now and get those chromed!! the after market crap is cheap and most of the time it leaks!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
get an edelbrock performer rpm intake and have it polished.done right it looks better than chrome.summit racing sells them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
is the fuel pump chrome? i have everything else chromed I just need the fuel pump on the side of the block.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had all my old parts chromed alternator brackets, Spindles, drums, calipers, radiator tie down, power stearing brackets. everything else i just baught chromed new from Jegs, Summit, and Tuff Stuff. The master cylinder and booster, alternator, power stearing pump, oil pan, trani. pan, Ihad stearing linkage chromed, upper and lower a-arms, trailing arms, whole rer axel. Then there was pot metal and plastic i had done. The bumpers stearing colum shaft everything except exhaust system

·
Registered
583 Posts
Look up Mondello first. Im building an Olds 455 engine right now and that company has a lot of stuff. Jegs, Summit and JC Whitney are also good vendors. No matter what anyone says...Olds engines arent that bad. Parts are expensive but pound for pound...they put out more power than a Chevy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts