LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find anyone who will chrome a gas tank for my 82 caddy..is there a chrome cover like they have for the impalas?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
has to be new, or all the garbage in the gas tank will ruin their chrome tanks. just paint it if you have to do the half cover. try to find a new one. how mine was done

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my boy owns a chrome show..he only charged me 100.00 to chrome my rear end..but my gas tank is new..

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
a little dirty but what i could do on quick notice

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by dsgb@Sep 11 2005, 02:26 PM~3793695
Thats tight,did u have to make any slits in it to make it fit under your old gas tank?

LOL no man thats a CHROME gas tank the whole thing is chrome

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Sep 11 2005, 02:27 PM~3793699
LOL no man thats a CHROME gas tank the whole thing is chrome

yeah, just say no to chrome gas tank covers :angry:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
good ones

if he doesnt want to, just paint i

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
If its new, it shouldn't be a problem to plate. I've got to replace my gast tank, and I would like to have it chromed too. Lemme know when your going down there next Dan. I have a gang of shit to send too

·
Registered
365 Posts
Originally posted by dsgb@Sep 11 2005, 06:01 PM~3794468
Whats wrong with makin a cover??Thats the only way anybody out here will plate a gas tank.It looks the same
no it don't, trust us. find someone who will plate it, even if you have to spend a little more.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
i was told $1000 to plate a brand new tank for my 77 monte and then they held onto it for 4 months and told me they couldnt do it cause it was zinc plated and they couldnt strip the zinc off...

im like wtf ive sanded the zinc off before on parts ive polished before plating...

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
1000 bux wow. sounds like an advanced plating price. i would say around 500 bux

1 - 20 of 37 Posts