LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get those chrome strip moldings for cheap that go around the front and back bumpers for a 84 cutlass supreme they mount in between the little gaps of the bumper? i'll try to post a pic THANKS

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

see ^- those front chrome pieces that is a little bit above the signal light that goes from one end to another?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just got some generic chrome strip molding from any parts store. worked for me. it wont be cheap if you want the OEM molding.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
what auto parts store did you get that stuff at i always look incase i need it in the future and i never found it.

i bought it from GM at Wholesale price for like $60 for ONE strip, maybe $30 but still.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by bagdcutlass85@Dec 11 2003, 08:45 AM
what auto parts store did you get that stuff at i always look incase i need it in the future and i never found it.

i bought it from GM at Wholesale price for like $60 for ONE strip, maybe $30 but still.
i think it was like autozone or pep boys, i think i paid $20 for a whole roll which did both bumpers and i still had extra left over.

I had paid the guy who painted my car I think like $100 to get my the GM molding but that fucker just kept the money, so thats why i went and bought this stuff

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Buy the 3M brand. I cannot see how the GM and 3M trim would be any different. Im sure it's made by the same company too. All GM does is put their name on it and jack up the price. Ive never had any problems with mine coming off, never. Its also hard to take off. I do not know exact size it is, but I would guess at 3/8. It should cost around $15-20 for the box of 12 feet. You'll need atleast 2 boxes.
The only difference would be that the GM brand have clips at the end of the trim and the 3M brand does not. Either way, it will not make any difference whatsoever. ;)
Any paint store will carry the product, just make sure to get the right one.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by bagdcutlass85@Dec 11 2003, 06:45 AM

:0 :0 :0

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Dec 11 2003, 11:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Dec 11 2003, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil@Dec 11 2003, 11:41 PM
;) OR THE CHUNTY WAY........SWAPMEET :cool:

:ugh: WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME ''FAT'' FENDER TRIM TOO
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
low blow. :( :( :( :dunno: :tears: :tears: :ugh:

:cool: :cool: :cool:[/b][/quote]
:( MY BAD......FORGOT ABOUT THOSE :cool:

:)

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by harborareaPhil+Dec 11 2003, 11:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (harborareaPhil @ Dec 11 2003, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Crazy [email protected] 11 2003, 11:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil
@Dec 11 2003, 11:41 PM

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:)[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :biggrin:
I wanted to put the stock ones on, but I threw them away. :(
There cool to have in AZ anyway

HEY!!!!!
SOME GUY USED THE BUMPER TRIM AS HIS FENDER TRIM, SO HOW IS THAT FOR A TRIM!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak: :twak: :roflmao:
HE HAD FAT WHITES TOO... :dunno:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Dec 11 2003, 11:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Dec 11 2003, 11:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by -Crazy [email protected] 11 2003, 11:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--harborareaPhil
@Dec 11 2003, 11:41 PM

:cool: :cool: :cool:

:)
:biggrin: :biggrin:
I wanted to put the stock ones on, but I threw them away. :(
There cool to have in AZ anyway

HEY!!!!!
SOME GUY USED THE BUMPER TRIM AS HIS FENDER TRIM, SO HOW IS THAT FOR A TRIM!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak: :twak: :roflmao:
HE HAD FAT WHITES TOO... :dunno:[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: :roflmao:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Originally posted by 84cutt@Dec 10 2003, 11:34 PM
anyone know where to get those chrome strip moldings for cheap that go around the front and back bumpers for a 84 cutlass supreme they mount in between the little gaps of the bumper? i'll try to post a pic   THANKS
I bought all the chrome moldings off ebay for like 60 bucks. It was a little old but I buffed it out and it was all good. If you post some pics of email me some pics of exactly what you want, I send you pics of my old ones and you can see if you want them.

Last edited by viznic at Dec 15 2003, 05:44 PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts