LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I HAVE SOME LOWER ARMS OFF OF MY CAR AND I JUST RIENFORCED THEM, i SMOOTHED THE WELDS OUT BUT THERES VERY VERY SMALL PITS YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOURE UP CLOSE AS HELL. NOW THE THING IS IM GONNA GET THEM CHROME I WANT TO KNOW WILL THE CHROME FILL IN THE LITTLE PITS OR NOT? DOES TRIPLE CHROME MAKE A DIFFERENCE? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
it will fill in some pitts but not all of them........... you might want to grind a little more if the pits matter to you.... but if it's just a street car then leave it...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by pumpsndumps@Oct 13 2003, 01:59 PM
after u get done grinding and smoothing use some JB WELD to fill in small pits. it works wonders!
interesting...

·
Registered
13,390 Posts
Originally posted by OneStopCustoms+Oct 13 2003, 02:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OneStopCustoms @ Oct 13 2003, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--pumpsndumps@Oct 13 2003, 01:59 PM
after u get done grinding and smoothing use some JB WELD to fill in small pits. it works wonders!
interesting...[/b][/quote]
:uh: sounds it might work...............maybe

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by BIG NICK+Oct 13 2003, 02:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIG NICK @ Oct 13 2003, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2003, 02:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--pumpsndumps
@Oct 13 2003, 01:59 PM

interesting...
:uh: sounds it might work...............maybe[/b][/quote]
i'll have to try it...

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by 94BEANER@Oct 13 2003, 03:41 PM
OK I HAVE SOME LOWER ARMS OFF OF MY CAR AND I JUST RIENFORCED THEM, i SMOOTHED THE WELDS OUT BUT THERES VERY VERY SMALL PITS YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOURE UP CLOSE AS HELL. NOW THE THING IS IM GONNA GET THEM CHROME I WANT TO KNOW WILL THE CHROME FILL IN THE LITTLE PITS OR NOT? DOES TRIPLE CHROME MAKE A DIFFERENCE? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
the plater shoud be able to did your arms in copper bath and polish the arm until the pits are gone.
it will probly be more but the work will pay off .

if this is a street car and they are not too bad i'd leave them alone hell you would have to get on your hands and inspect too see it.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by juandik+Oct 13 2003, 03:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juandik @ Oct 13 2003, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--94BEANER@Oct 13 2003, 03:41 PM
OK I HAVE SOME LOWER ARMS OFF OF MY CAR AND I JUST RIENFORCED THEM,  i SMOOTHED THE WELDS OUT BUT THERES VERY VERY SMALL PITS  YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOURE UP CLOSE AS HELL.  NOW THE THING IS IM GONNA GET THEM CHROME I WANT TO KNOW WILL THE CHROME FILL IN THE LITTLE PITS OR NOT?  DOES TRIPLE CHROME MAKE A DIFFERENCE?  ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
the plater shoud be able to did your arms in copper bath and polish the arm until the pits are gone.
it will probly be more but the work will pay off .

if this is a street car and they are not too bad i'd leave them alone hell you would have to get on your hands and inspect too see it.[/b][/quote]
not true if they are from porosity you will have to grind them out or tig weld the pits in .

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT SOME WIRE WHEELS FROM THE STORE WIRE WHEELED THEM ANTELL I DID NOT SEE AND PITS THEN I STARTED WITH 80 GRIT SAND PAPER AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO 400 GRIT AND WHEN I TOOK IT TO THE PLATER IT LOOKED LIKE CHROME ALREADY AND IN ALL MY STUFF I ONLY HAVE MABE 2 PITS THAT I COULD NOT GET TO

IT IS ALOT OF WORK THROUGH I SPENT 2 WEEKS OR 8 HR NIGHTS DOING THAT ANTELL I THOUGHT IT ALL LOOKED GOOD ENOUGH :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Oct 13 2003, 03:31 PM
I JUST BOUGHT SOME WIRE WHEELS FROM THE STORE WIRE WHEELED THEM ANTELL I DID NOT SEE AND PITS THEN I STARTED WITH 80 GRIT SAND PAPER AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO 400 GRIT AND WHEN I TOOK IT TO THE PLATER IT LOOKED LIKE CHROME ALREADY AND IN ALL MY STUFF I ONLY HAVE MABE 2 PITS THAT I COULD NOT GET TO

IT IS ALOT OF WORK THROUGH I SPENT 2 WEEKS OR 8 HR NIGHTS DOING THAT ANTELL I THOUGHT IT ALL LOOKED GOOD ENOUGH :biggrin:
Im sorry but I really dont know WHAT THE FUCK YOU JUST SAID !!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwoodcabron@Oct 13 2003, 05:27 PM

not true if they are from porosity you will have to grind them out or tig weld the pits in .
i didn't pay any attention to it being in the weld, sorry.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
just waite a little longer i have alot of theings going on right know and i will send some pics you way once they are done :0 :0 :0 ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Oct 13 2003, 11:03 PM
just waite a little longer i have alot of theings going on right know and i will send some pics you way once they are done :0 :0 :0 ;) :biggrin:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

OK I guess I can wait! ;)

I am picking up a 88 Cutlass on Wed with 65,000 original miles!! Very clean car!! It is my new daily! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!j/k thats cool i was going to do the same but on the way to look at one i stoped by the dealer ship down the street from my house and ended up buying s 2000 chevy ex cab :( kinda mad at my self know but o well :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts