LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will air be as big as hydraulics when it comes to real lowriders?
Im talking about what the majority would consider a nice clean traditional lowrider, but with air instead of juice.
I have seen a lot of cars done just right but on airbags. Though I have never been a fan of this, I still can't hate on a clean ass car.

What are your opinions on air vs hydraulics, and why?

·
Registered
847 Posts
If your looking for a classic lowrider look. :dunno:

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
If your car is a traditional you should juice it!!!

·
McAsshole
1,891 Posts
as long as it's done right and looks clean.

·
Daily Dreamin
7,845 Posts
Lowriding is lowriding. It doesnt matter if its juiced, bagged, or just sitting low. The prize is in the eye of the beholder :cool:

·
PINCHE GABACHO
9,466 Posts
Originally posted by lunatic@Feb 3 2010, 04:54 PM~16500648
IMO" bags are for weed"

:420: :420: :420: HUH

·
Registered
304 Posts
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz -compressors rattling the trunk killing your battery hahahaha..

·
Daily Dreamin
7,845 Posts
Originally posted by masatalker@Feb 3 2010, 03:56 PM~16501192
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz -compressors rattling the trunk killing your battery hahahaha..
That is the down side about bags. That happened to my homeboy 65 impala while we was cruising :(

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
Originally posted by RobLouIzLuxurious@Feb 3 2010, 02:04 PM~16500739
Lowriding is lowriding. It doesnt matter if its juiced, bagged, or just sitting low. The prize is in the eye of the beholder :cool:
Yup!

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Originally posted by 64 CRAWLING@Feb 3 2010, 05:53 PM~16502390
well to me it just aint right with pumps n batts in the trunk, i love to here them work, plus the sound of air dont look right on a lowrider :wow:
I know what ur tryin to say but you need to word the 1st statement better!!! ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Silentdawg  post Today, 06:10 AM
User is offlineWill air be as big as hydraulics when it comes to real lowriders?
Im talking about what the majority would consider a nice clean traditional lowrider, but with air instead of juice.
I have seen a lot of cars done just right but on airbags. Though I have never been a fan of this, I still can't hate on a clean ass car.

What are your opinions on air vs hydraulics, and why?
Air Ain't traditional
Traditional:
1. an inherited, established, or customary action, or behavior.
2. the handing down of information, beliefs, and customs by word of mouth or by example from one generation to another without written instruction
3. cultural continuity in social attitudes, and customs.
4. characteristic manner, method, or style.Done right and clean its still not traditional.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
bags have been around since the 50s... not as popular, but been around.. im sure some homies on here had a factory bag car that they let the air out of before..

i like both... but for me air is easier, more reliable, lots less breaking.. as far as teh sound, i run silencers, cant hear the drop, and my compressors are near silent as all are that are mounted correctly. . also wont drain a battery unless you are sily with how you setup the electrics or you dont upgrade to compensate.. none of those issues for me soon as ill be changing to a york..

that being said, i think about tearin the bags out and juicing it every so often, but the ease of bags just wins over (FOR NOW)

in other words, clean car = doesnt matter.. its a reality now that its gained popularity, so as a culture we need to accept it.. lack of good compressors are the only thing that stopped it back in the day, although GM had factory compressors for air ride in the 50s, i believe 58 was the first year? low PSI though..

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
i voted it dosen't matter just because it's what you want and what suits your style i have had many lowriders and all have been juice but thats what my style is it suits me ...... so what suits your style thats what matters......my.02

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by touchdowntodd@Feb 4 2010, 06:05 AM~16505638
bags have been around since the 50s... not as popular, but been around.. im sure some homies on here had a factory bag car that they let the air out of before..

i like both... but for me air is easier, more reliable, lots less breaking.. as far as teh sound, i run silencers, cant hear the drop, and my compressors are near silent as all are that are mounted correctly. . also wont drain a battery unless you are sily with how you setup the electrics or you dont upgrade to compensate.. none of those issues for me soon as ill be changing to a york..

that being said, i think about tearin the bags out and juicing it every so often, but the ease of bags just wins over (FOR NOW)
in other words, clean car = doesnt matter.. its a reality now that its gained popularity, so as a culture we need to accept it.. lack of good compressors are the only thing that stopped it back in the day, although GM had factory compressors for air ride in the 50s, i believe 58 was the first year? low PSI though..
thats real. Bags need no oil, less batteries and less hassle altogehter and from what I hear the ride is very smooth also. But I dont think it would feel the same without that "woot woot" sound from the pumps when I hit a switch, I love that sound. I think it would be like riding a Harley with a inline four diesel engine... Just not the same.. :no:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts