LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Against the Grain
7,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a light blue crushed velvet in my cadillac. I just got it done 2 weeks ago. Already its getting really dirty by the windows. There are light brown spots on it. I've tried soap, carpet cleaner, and laundry detergent; and none of those helped at all. How do I clean it?

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Who done your int? Are the spots from dirt or are they the glue that holding it on? When I first done my dash, I used some dark glue and my velvet was white, you could see that shit after it dried good. Only thing I could do was recover it..

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
i use a steam cleaner on my interiors when i have velvet...only real way to clean velvet is dry cleaning..but since its used for a car..thats damn near impossible

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
ive used one of them portable steam cleaners works good,ive also used simple green degreaser that shit works good too,i just found out today just bullshitting around with rubbing alcahol,it actually cleans white vinyl good

·
Registered
694 Posts
^^^^seriously???? what about on swirl velvet? are you serious cause it seems to me that wd 40 would fuck it up, plus leave a funky ass smell,lol, your joking right?

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
naw,,serious,,,,ive been doin interiors for long time,,,,if u got some glue on your material it will take it right off,,,,,stains on white vinyl that cant come off with anything else,,,wd-40 takes it off,,,,seems like it would mess it up,,,,,cuz the greasy feel to it,,,but doesnt,,,,lets see if anyone else has used this besides me....curious

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
it does work,i asked him how too get some contact cement off my seats and he said wd-40 and i said the same thing are you serious???,lmao but it worked without a problem ;)

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
wd40 is pretty much water based anyways. after you get your stains out, simple green or some other cleaner should take the smell right out if its that bad.

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 21 2005, 09:43 PM~3667717
wd40 is pretty much water based anyways. after you get your stains out, simple green or some other cleaner should take the smell right out if its that bad.
yeah,,,it really dont smell,,,after it dries,,,atleast ive never noticed...

·
Registered
339 Posts
tell the guys that did your interior, they should have a solution for you. i use label remover on velour,haven't tried it on crush. Remember crushed velvet is very delicate to sunlight and will fade. watch what you put on it, it will up the chances of it fading quicker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts