LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Little Buddy
12,921 Posts
I RUN A DETAIL COMPANY IN ORLANDO.FLORIDA.

AND HAVE OWNED POWDER COATED BARALS , HUB SPINNERS ECT..

A WATER BASE CITRUS CLEAR WORKS VERY WHELL.. ( IF PRESSURE WASHING WHEELS..) USE A GENTAL TIP/LOWER PRESSURE.. YOU CAN BLOW OFF POWDERCOAT WITH ANY HIGH PRESSURE WASHING...

USE A CITRUS BASE AND A WASH MIT.../MAYBE SPOKE BRUSH... AND RINSE WITH LOW/MED PRESSURE...

SAME WORKS FOR BACK SIDE OF WHEELS.. WHEN CITRUS IS APPLYED IT WILL CLEAN STRAIGHT TO THE PAINT...

U CAN HAND WAXOR HAND GLAZE A BARAL FOR A BETTER SHINE..

IF YA DID NOT KNOW..JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE SPOKES/NIPPLES WITH THE WAX.. ITS HELL REMOVING IT..

HOPE THIS HELPED

OWE I HAVE USED WHEEL ACID... NOT LETTING IT SIT LONG /THAT DIDN'T DAMAGE THE WHEEL , AND
REMOVED SURFACE RUST FROM SPOKE/NIPPLE JOINT..
ANS SPOKE /HUB JOINT...

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I have used wire wheel cleaner and not hurt them, worked good, never let it set over a min. or put on hot wheel

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I'm gonna say the best wire wheel cleaner I have used that can be bought at the local stores is the eagle one, I used it on my last powdered wire with no problems

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
:cool: DEGREASER FROM .99 CENT STORE CALLED 'AWESOME'... WORKS GREAT...AND IF YOU HAVE COLORED DISH(BARREL)...THROW A COAT OF WAX ON THEM...KEEPS THEM REAL CLEAN :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by harborareaPhil@Sep 20 2005, 02:36 PM~3851513
:cool: DEGREASER FROM .99 CENT STORE CALLED 'AWESOME'... WORKS GREAT...AND IF YOU HAVE COLORED DISH(BARREL)...THROW A COAT OF WAX ON THEM...KEEPS THEM REAL CLEAN :biggrin:
:thumbsup: I have heard good things about 'AWESOME'.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts