LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Sep 18 2003, 02:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Sep 18 2003, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--The Mad Modeler@Sep 17 2003, 08:51 PM
you can get it thin enough to make it curve if needed
doesn't it fog up when u bend it.[/b][/quote]
yer i think it does , cos the plastic structure gets weakened and bent outa shape , try heating it then bend it

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey man, a buddy of mine brought a sheet of this plexiglass type stuff over a while back that his girlfriend bought for something, but it was too thin so he gave it to me, and I've been messin around making different things with it. I have experimented bending and shaping it different ways... holding it above an electric burner on the stove... heating it in the oven...and also heating it with a little micro torch, with a hot air tip. It bends pretty easy when ya get it really warm, and everyway I've done it so far, it stays really clear.
I just went and looked at it, and it says on the protective coating Lucite-ES Extruded Acrylic Safety Glazing Sheet. The one he gave me is about 1/16th inch thick. Don't know if it would work for you, but it's kinda cool stuff.
Just thought I'd mention it,man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts