LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,696 Posts
you can get some from craft stores such as Micheals but......
you gotta watch which ones you get. most of it is big flake. which makes the car rough as hell like if you dropped it in the dirt with the paint still wet.
so look at the caps and get something really fine.
you can get it in a couple differant colors too.
But my personal prefferance is to use it with Kandies.

Spray your primer,
Spray your base,
Spray 1 - 2 light coats of Kandy,
Spray the glitter coat,
lay down another couple light coats of Kandy,
Then go with a good 2 -3 coats of Testors HIGH GLOSS #1814

some people might agree or dissagree with my methods, it's all a personal taste.

It's up to you, I was only suggesting how i go about using the product to kind of lead you in the right direction.
You've seen some of my paint jobs ;)

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 30 2003, 07:33 PM
you can get some from craft stores such as Micheals but......
you gotta watch which ones you get. most of it is big flake. which makes the car rough as hell like if you dropped it in the dirt with the paint still wet.
so look at the caps and get something really fine.
you can get it in a couple differant colors too.
But my personal prefferance is to use it with Kandies.

Spray your primer,
Spray your base,
Spray 1 - 2 light coats of Kandy,
Spray the glitter coat,
lay down another couple light coats of Kandy,
Then go with a good 2 -3 coats of Testors HIGH GLOSS #1814

some people might agree or dissagree with my methods, it's all a personal taste.

It's up to you, I was only suggesting how i go about using the product to kind of lead you in the right direction.
You've seen some of my paint jobs ;)

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
yea i know your paintings are badass and i really want to make my impala show worthy i already painted boyds grape pearl with a gold base now im just waiting for my folocking and the foil to arrive to finish it and also some wire rims do u have some mad that you dont need
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dubz@Nov 30 2003, 06:42 PM
yea i know your paintings are badass and i really want to make my impala show worthy i already painted boyds grape pearl with a gold base now im just waiting for my folocking and the foil to arrive to finish it and also some wire rims do u have some mad that you dont need
sounds good man :thumbsup:

actually i gotta buy a few more sets myself when i get the extra


Thanx once again for the props :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Nov 30 2003, 06:33 PM
you can get some from craft stores such as Micheals but......
you gotta watch which ones you get. most of it is big flake. which makes the car rough as hell like if you dropped it in the dirt with the paint still wet.
so look at the caps and get something really fine.
you can get it in a couple differant colors too.
But my personal prefferance is to use it with Kandies.

Spray your primer,
Spray your base,
Spray 1 - 2 light coats of Kandy,
Spray the glitter coat,
lay down another couple light coats of Kandy,
Then go with a good 2 -3 coats of Testors HIGH GLOSS #1814

some people might agree or dissagree with my methods, it's all a personal taste.

It's up to you, I was only suggesting how i go about using the product to kind of lead you in the right direction.
You've seen some of my paint jobs ;)

Good Luck! :thumbsup:
i would agree. i use the ones from KRYLON. glitter spray, they have gold, chrome, multi, purple, green, red, and blue and also use Testors HIGH GLOSS #1814, good shit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,951 Posts
black magic silver tint it puts silver flake on it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,387 Posts
You can also get a metallic paint, and just spray several coats on thin and then spray a couple heavy coats, gives it a scaled down flake look. Instead of that big ass silver dollar flake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Nov 30 2003, 08:11 PM
You can also get a metallic paint, and just spray several coats on thin and then spray a couple heavy coats, gives it a scaled down flake look. Instead of that big ass silver dollar flake.
thats what i do 98% of the time is use a metallic base and Kandy over it.
Then on pearls well....... thats already got its flake in it just like metallic colors.

the only time i use the spray glitter is for that big ass ghetto flake look like on the old dune buggies and shit. lol
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top