LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the latest LRM Mr. Fuentes says that there will now be 2 club of the year awards. One will be the Club of The Year "Recognition Award" which will be for the club that has the most impact supporting their community. The second award is the Club of The Year "Participation Award." This award will be given to those who show the most numbers throughout the year.

I feel like the prestige of winning the award is diminished by dividing it. I respect Ralph and the guys at LRM for trting to come up with a fair and equitable way to decide the award but I don't believe splitting the award up is the answer. What do you feel about it?

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I agree, but I seriously think some ol' school clubs need to get acknowledged already ;)

·
Zip it cunt!
27,116 Posts
i think its a good idea. but i also think its going to create confusion like the lowrider of the year award and he excellence award do.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by usolac@Sep 12 2006, 01:05 PM~6155976
In the latest LRM Mr. Fuentes says that there will now be 2 club of the year awards.  One will be the Club of The Year "Recognition Award" which will be for the club that has the most impact supporting their community.  The second award is the Club of The Year "Participation Award." This award will be given to those who show the most numbers throughout the year.

I feel like the prestige of winning the award is diminished by dividing it. I respect Ralph and the guys at LRM for trting to come up with a fair and equitable way to decide the award but I don't believe splitting the award up is the answer.  What do you feel about it?
I THINK IT SHOWS AGAIN HOW FUCKED UP THE SYSTEM IS. THE PROBLEM WAS CREATED LAST YEAR, NO DISRESPECT TO OLDIES, BUT MAJESTICS SHOULDA WON IT HANDS DOWN. BUT KNOW RALPH IS TRYING TO BACKSLIDE BECAUSE HE REALIZES THAT MAJESTICS IS LONG OVERDUE, BUT ROLLERZ REPRESENTED BIG TYME AT SHOWS, AND REALLY SET THE STANDARD BAR PRETTY HIGH. I MEAN RED CARPET IN SAN ANTONIO, THAT IS BANANA'S. NO DISREPECT TO ANYONE, BUT I TRULY BELIEVE THERE ARE TWO OUT THERE REALLY COMPETING, MAJESTICS AND ROLLERZ. AND EITHER GROUP WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DID NOT WIN. IT IS A BAD SITUATION FOR RALPH, BUT IT STARTED WHEN YOU BRING FRIENDS OPINIONS, INSTEAD OF WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE HAND BOOK. MY .02

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
:0

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Originally posted by ROLLERZDIRTY@Sep 12 2006, 11:22 AM~6156082
I THINK IT SHOWS AGAIN HOW FUCKED UP THE SYSTEM IS.  THE PROBLEM WAS CREATED LAST YEAR, NO DISRESPECT TO OLDIES, BUT MAJESTICS SHOULDA WON IT HANDS DOWN.  BUT KNOW RALPH IS TRYING TO BACKSLIDE BECAUSE HE REALIZES THAT MAJESTICS IS LONG OVERDUE, BUT ROLLERZ REPRESENTED BIG TYME AT SHOWS, AND REALLY SET THE STANDARD BAR PRETTY HIGH.  I MEAN RED CARPET IN SAN ANTONIO, THAT IS BANANA'S.  NO DISREPECT TO ANYONE, BUT I TRULY BELIEVE THERE ARE TWO OUT THERE REALLY COMPETING, MAJESTICS AND ROLLERZ.  AND EITHER GROUP WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DID NOT WIN.  IT IS A BAD SITUATION FOR RALPH, BUT IT STARTED WHEN YOU BRING FRIENDS OPINIONS,  INSTEAD OF WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE HAND BOOK.  MY .02
my 2 sense no direspect to the other club's going for club of the year but i think you hit it right on the money homie :cool:

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by RO.LIFER@Sep 12 2006, 11:28 AM~6156113
WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR BET IF WE BOTH WIN :confused:  :dunno:
wtf how is brian gonna be a majestics member if we both win :cheesy: :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by showstoppahrollin@Sep 12 2006, 11:27 AM~6156103
CONGRATS RICH........HAHAHA...WHEN THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY HUH?
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by RO.LIFER@Sep 12 2006, 11:35 AM~6156173
YOUR A FOOL BRO :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Big Rich@Sep 12 2006, 01:33 PM~6156155
wtf how is brian gonna be a majestics member if  we both win :cheesy:  :biggrin:
:0 :0 :0 :0 :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by ROLLERZDIRTY@Sep 12 2006, 11:36 AM~6156181
:0  :0  :0  :0 :biggrin:
drunken bets :biggrin:

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
so is it an award for biggest club then? i dont think its a bad idea splitting it.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
Splitting it is a bad idea. U can't please everyone and that is what LRM is trying to do. It ain't broke don't fix it! No direspect to Oldies but LRM screwed up now they are tring to fix the award. The AWARD ain't broke LRM needs follow the rule book!

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
what is the rule? or was the rule? i dont know anything about how they come up with these awards or how they judge for them :biggrin:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by usolac@Sep 12 2006, 09:05 PM~6155976
In the latest LRM Mr. Fuentes says that there will now be 2 club of the year awards.  One will be the Club of The Year "Recognition Award" which will be for the club that has the most impact supporting their community.  The second award is the Club of The Year "Participation Award." This award will be given to those who show the most numbers throughout the year.

I feel like the prestige of winning the award is diminished by dividing it. I respect Ralph and the guys at LRM for trting to come up with a fair and equitable way to decide the award but I don't believe splitting the award up is the answer.  What do you feel about it?
I think we already know who won that award. ;) Tha big RO Family!!! :thumbsup: :worship:

Originally posted by hot$tuff5964@Sep 12 2006, 09:15 PM~6156058
i think its a good idea. but i also think its going to create confusion like the lowrider of the year award and he excellence award do.

I still dont know what the hell the diffence is in those two awards :dunno:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
Originally posted by usolac@Sep 12 2006, 09:05 PM~6155976

If you think about "recognition" for a little bit to me that sounds like you're recognized for your efforts but "Participation" is like "thanks for showing up but you ain't a winner. :confused: Actually both couldn't be more confusing.

When I think of the Lowrider Club of the Year I think excellence in everything, participation at shows, community, most winningest club, best displays, etc. but now that you split it its like huh? :dunno: I don't get it.

Basically there's a tie and 2 winners now? :confused: To me splitting it kind of cheapens the award a little. I dunno.

I still say just because one guy phucked LRB doesn't make it right to take the Bike club of the Year award away from everyone else :twak:

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
participation sounds like an award for club in the show circuit
recognition sounds like an award for a club doing more than just going and winning at shows.
dont know how they would judge that but :dunno:

1 - 20 of 461 Posts