LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i push in my clutch i hear a wierd screeching whining soun wut the hell is it

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I dunno, but I just wanted to say wassup to a fellow Jerseyan....LOL

:biggrin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks you7 know anyone that paints around us well actually i have my painter i need someone to do designs and shit

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I was going to suggest the clutch release bearing, but I think that is the throw out bearing in the USA :cheesy: !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are throw out bearings hard to replace

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by scrapinnj@Nov 20 2003, 07:11 AM
are throw out bearings hard to replace
Not once you get to them, but you'll have to at least separate the engine and gearbox to get at the clutch and its operating mechanism.

Some cars are much easier than others, it depends on what car you have got. Front wheel drive cars are often quite easy to deal with because the gearbox is in the engine bay and not under the transmission tunnel.

If you have to take things to bits, have a good look at the condition of the clutch, because it might be worth replacing whilst everything is apart.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah if you are going through all that trouble for a throw out bearing, you might as well get the clutch and plate. Its better and cheaper if you get the whole kit to do this. That way you know you have a fresh clutch and you'll feel the difference.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Originally posted by scrapinnj@Nov 19 2003, 02:20 PM
thanks you7 know anyone that paints around us well actually i have my painter i need someone to do designs and shit
NOPE.....I dunno chit about where to get stuff done in Jersey.
I'm sure that after the 2004 shows start I will meet alot of ppl and make some good contacts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts