LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a coil-over setup using powerballs...a chain-setup also...what is the best size cylinder to go with?...
.....and can someone direct me to a post showing this set-up in a box caprice....just want to know what has to be done (added/removed/modified)....

...thanks in advance.... ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 2 2003, 08:42 PM
How high do you want it? 2dr. or 4dr.?
4-door....just trying to max out a standing 3-wheel....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i feel what you saying now...i was looking at the least amount of modications using 14s in the back...three-pump set-up...about 8 batteries....*just wanna hold a standing 3 with ease*...but that set-up was "crucial".....that is definitely a future reference when i wanna hop those extra inches......also, *what coil size would you suggest for the rear?*....thanks again ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like the owner of this caprice...4-door....coil-over (powerballs)...

***...corrected link below...***

looks like a chain-bridge with the height of that 3-wheel... ;)

Last edited by iNYfam8u$ at Oct 8 2003, 01:44 PM

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Actually, you could run 16's w/ no mods. That'll give you a couple extra inches.
Yeah, I'd do coil-overs w/ powerballs & 3 tons in the rear.
I'd do 8's in the front w/ deep cups & 3 - 3 1/2 ton springs.
Batts. for that 3 pump depends if your gonna run 2 to the front for hopping or 2 to the back for a power 3 wheel.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 8 2003, 12:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 8 2003, 12:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--iNYfam8u$@Oct 8 2003, 11:08 AM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid8...0/faf3e006.jpg)                        

I tried this link but it said the pics was unavailable.[/b][/quote]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid8...50/faf3e006.jpg

that link should work...if not..my fault on the edit/copy...

but yeah...i plan to put two pumps to the rear.....and i definitely will consider the 16s now....appreciate that info.... ;)

i just found a '85 caprice/4-door for parts....i intend to match-up the A-arms and rear-end (i know the gears might be different, i just want the housing), so that i can re-inforce without modifiying the original '87 parts...

these two years are the same right? ('85 & '87)....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 8 2003, 12:42 PM
Actually, you could run 16's w/ no mods. That'll give you a couple extra inches.
Yeah, I'd do coil-overs w/ powerballs & 3 tons in the rear.
I'd do 8's in the front w/ deep cups & 3 - 3 1/2 ton springs.
Batts. for that 3 pump depends if your gonna run 2 to the front for hopping or 2 to the back for a power 3 wheel.
and one more thang....this should complete my Q&A :uh: ...

not trying to hop this "heavy chevy".....so with 3 ton coils on the front/rear....i can still lay the frame on the ground?...

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by iNYfam8u$+Oct 8 2003, 12:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iNYfam8u$ @ Oct 8 2003, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 12:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--iNYfam8u$
@Oct 8 2003, 11:08 AM

I tried this link but it said the pics was unavailable.

but yeah...i plan to put two pumps to the rear.....and i definitely will consider the 16s now....appreciate that info.... ;)

i just found a '85 caprice/4-door for parts....i intend to match-up the A-arms and rear-end (i know the gears might be different, i just want the housing), so that i can re-inforce without modifiying the original '87 parts...

these two years are the same right? ('85 & '87)....[/b][/quote]
Yeah, all the box chevy's will interchange most all parts.

The Caprice in the photo, I blew up the pic & I can't see a chain not sayin there isn't 1, but I can't see it. 3 wheel is possible w/o a chain if your set-up & weights are right.

If your not gonna hop much drop down to 2tons all the way around. the "tons" doesn't matter if u can lay the frame or not. You determine that by cutting the coils to where u want it to sit when dumped all the way.

If your gonna put 2 to the rear, the batts. I'd do 4 batts. on the frt. pump & 3 on ea. rear pump. (since you said you thought about 10 batts.)

However, since you said you weren't gonna hop....I'd do 3 to the frt. & 2 on ea. rear., b/c w/ 4 batts. on that frt. pump, it's gonna wanna hop.

Last edited by dreday at Oct 8 2003, 02:30 PM

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by dreday+Oct 8 2003, 03:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Oct 8 2003, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 12:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--iNYfam8u$
@Oct 8 2003, 11:08 AM

I tried this link but it said the pics was unavailable.

these two years are the same right? ('85 & '87)....
Yeah, all the box chevy's will interchange most all parts.

The Caprice in the photo, I blew up the pic & I can't see a chain not sayin there isn't 1, but I can't see it. 3 wheel is possible w/o a chain if your set-up & weights are right.

If your not gonna hop much drop down to 2tons all the way around. the "tons" doesn't matter if u can lay the frame or not. You determine that by cutting the coils to where u want it to sit when dumped all the way.

If your gonna put 2 to the rear, the batts. I'd do 4 batts. on the frt. pump & 3 on ea. rear pump. (since you said you thought about 10 batts.)

However, since you said you weren't gonna hop....I'd do 3 to the frt. & 2 on ea. rear., b/c w/ 4 batts. on that frt. pump, it's gonna wanna hop.[/b][/quote]
appreciate the info...very helpful... :thumbsup:

yeah, i plan to put the chain bridge in tho...better to do it now, while under there for the coil-over......thanks again....

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey im puttin dro's in an 87 caprice 4 door, if you guys have any pictures of your installs id appreciate it, im 2 pumpin it for now with a coil under

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts